Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

DFI Infinity 975X/G

Any idea if this board will support Kentsfield/ Quad core processors? If not currently, is that a capability that could be added with a new BIOS or is it a hardware limitation thing?

is that because (and forgive me if this is a stupid question) DFI don't get pre-release chips as you have historically been mainly an ADM focused manufacturer ?? therefore DFI have to actually buy their chips once they are released to the public ?

and if thats the case aren't Intel doing themselves a dis-service ? surely they want / need the best products (ie DFI) supporting their chips ?

finances dictate that I'm probably not gonna update to Conroe until early next year but in a way I'm happy to wait for the new LanParty mobo..... and no, I'm not gonna ask when it's out !!

I'm sure DFI gets engineering samples from Intel; it's just that it's unlikely anyone has a Kentsfield CPU, and also if DFI gets them, they're not likely to trickle down to HG.

is that because (and forgive me if this is a stupid question) DFI don't get pre-release chips as you have historically been mainly an ADM focused manufacturer ?? therefore DFI have to actually buy their chips once they are released to the public ?

and if thats the case aren't Intel doing themselves a dis-service ? surely they want / need the best products (ie DFI) supporting their chips ?

finances dictate that I'm probably not gonna update to Conroe until early next year but in a way I'm happy to wait for the new LanParty mobo..... and no, I'm not gonna ask when it's out !!

more than likely when you realise that DFI only has a very small percentage of total conroe platform mobos with ASUS having the largest share. DFI mobos are more for us enthusiasts and I doubt Intel could give 2 **its about us tbh. ;)....or DFI.

check out my latest Overclocking Database entry....400x9 with an E6600 ;)

I saw that HG. :) And I'm drooling at the prospects. Considering maximum [email protected] points are my goal, I have to weigh down time vs points. I'm currently at 3250 with a 360 FSB. The time needed for testing to go higher would kill me as I have to get by the guy in 4th on my team. LOL. I have many new parts on order, Hehe...enough to build another rig.

Current plans include moving my E6600 to a Thermaltake Armor case, upgrading the ram to OCZ DDR800, a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 PSU and adding a Corsair Nautilus 500 W/Cing kit.

Meanwhile...I have an E6300, DFI 975 G/X on order. Once the second rig is up and running, I can tweak till my heart is content without losing points. :cool: Hopefully it will even allow time for submissions to the OC database. :P

Best regards,

WFO :)

Just thought I would interrupt a little bit here...

Happy_Games...I was just messing around in the BIOS, trying to squeeze everything I could out of my computer on the stock heatsinks. Like my sig, Ive got mine at 3.1GHz, 345x9. I had it on the 533MHz divider for the DRAM @ 2.2v, and just for the hell of it, I put it on the 667MHz divider to see if it would even boot, and to my surprise, it did on my DDR2-675.

This Corsair stuff is pretty good, and I got 2x1GB DDR2-675 for $170 almost 2 months ago, and now the price for the same pack is up $105 on NewEgg @ $275. This RAM is booting at 856MHz with a 5:4 DRAM:FSB divider. I am flat out amazed. :)

Im curious as to why you couldnt get it to boot at anything except the 400MHz divider after what, 350MHz FSB? Same board, same BIOS, same CPU (dont know about steppings, should be close though), and you have better RAM, so Im confused. :confused:

Ive got to go to bed right now, got class at 8am tomorrow and its almost 7 right now... ugh. :( I'll let Orthos run for 8 hours tomorrow to see if its stable or not... Im hoping it is! :cool: