wheres the HTT multi?

Gabe

ok my buddy says theirs a LDT multi and a HTT multi, some reason i cant find the HTT multi.

I've been having problems getting my ram stable at stock speed when my cpu is overclocked but the ram is stable at stock speed when the cpu isnt overclocked very much.

iam on a ultra-d lanparty nf4. this might be a stupid question, most likley it is. :/

Guest caffeinejunkie

"LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio" is the HTT multi.The instability is probably due to the on-die memory controller so you should post all of the settings in the DRAM config.

The HTT multiplier is called "LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio" in the bios. The way way you have worded your stability problems it's the processor that isn't stable not the memory.

ok got it thanks, iam blaming my friend for this one. anyway.. now to figure out why i cant get the ram stable at stock speed when pulling the large overclocks

a64tweaker17lq.jpg

What steps have you taken to ensure the processor is stable when overclocked?

I'll say it again:

The way way you have worded your stability problems it's the processor that isn't stable not the memory.

What steps have you taken to ensure the processor is stable when overclocked?

I'll say it again:

dual prime..

ok this is whats happening, iam at 323x9=2.91ghz and the memory 150 divider, when i take my divider up to 166 my memory fails, prime fails in a few seconds and so does superpi

I guess my ram cannot run at stock speed or higher when my cpu is overclocked

Going to the 166 divider puts your memory almost to 270. Maybe it just can't run that high. That's way beyond stock speed.

well while I was playing with my ram and seeing how high the ram would go my registery got currupt and I had to do a xp repair install. Now iam nervis about doing anything now

well while I was playing with my ram and seeing how high the ram would go my registery got currupt and I had to do a xp repair install. Now iam nervis about doing anything now

This sounds like it might be your first overclock. Take things a little slower. For example, I spend at least a month studying my OC 'bible' (~40 pages of text pulled from various resources around the net, including DFI-street) and still was very tentative when OC.

Take your time. Patience is virtue, especially when overclocking. Do it right, and you'll be happy you took the time. Your patience will be returned ten-fold in effort, time, and headache saved from chasing down that last electron that keeps freeing itself and fecking up your otherwise perfect OC.

Again, read this http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 about fifty times top to bottom and you should be good to go.

This sounds like it might be your first overclock. Take things a little slower. For example, I spend at least a month studying my OC 'bible' (~40 pages of text pulled from various resources around the net, including DFI-street) and still was very tentative when OC.

Take your time. Patience is virtue, especially when overclocking. Do it right, and you'll be happy you took the time. Your patience will be returned ten-fold in effort, time, and headache saved from chasing down that last electron that keeps freeing itself and fecking up your otherwise perfect OC.

Again, read this http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823 about fifty times top to bottom and you should be good to go.

its not my first overclock. I just like to rush sometimes and it didnt work out very well, out of all the cpu's I've overclocked I never had my registery get currupt, iam glad a repair install fixed it cause i would have freaked if I needed to do a full reformat.

its not my first overclock. I just like to rush sometimes and it didnt work out very well, out of all the cpu's I've overclocked I never had my registery get currupt, iam glad a repair install fixed it cause i would have freaked if I needed to do a full reformat.

Well, glad it worked out for you. Windows install corruption stinks.

Also, didn't mean to sound harsh in previous post. Sorry if I came off that way.