What cpu should I buy with CFX3200-DR?

BSOD169

hello its been a long while since i've posted here. I've been meaning to upgrade so im trying to get back into the computer groove of things. Im sticking with DFI since the help is wonderful here : D

Ok. im going to buy Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813136009

but my real question is what cpu should i get with it? What is going to be the most out of my buck? Yes, I will overclock. I will mostly be playing video games and such, no real rendering or anything like that. should i get a athlon 64 X2 just because i can? or a AMD Opteron 165 Denmark dual-core? im still kinda lost with the whole 64-bit thing. all recommendations welcomed : D

Opteron 165 or 170 and overclock it to about 2600Mhz (I dont have any reason to go beyond this as it is FX-60 speeds and plays Oblivion @ 1280x1024 w/4xAA and 16xAF and Bloom lighting etc every maxed out just perfect)

thats with a SINGLE X1900XT since Crossfire kinda sucks still and if you don't have a monitor that can do more than 1280x1024 then there's no need for Crossfire honestly...it will be a useless $500 piece of hardware (sorta like having a second turbo engine in a car that never really gets any use unless you are doing 190mph which you of course, can only do in maybe 1 or 2 places in teh USA lol)

if you are a gamer, get 2GB RAM

see my sig to see what I am runner ;)

you got more xp in this department than I do Happy - do you think the Optys will come down in price along with the L2 512 chips? Or do you think the 1MB L2s will stay up there in price till they sell out?