Sign in to follow this  
Dedodido

Results of my first ever overclock

I've (finally) got a max clock out of my CPU (see sig) after waiting an age to have all my components together, and I'm quite pleased with the results. It seems to be stable as far as I can see, with decent temperatures of 40C under load.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=102588

I'm guessing this is quite reasonable, from what other people have said, but some sort of validation would be nice :P

NOTE: I havn't done anything to OC my memory, or get it as close to stock as possible, so the settings for that are quite low for the moment.

2800 is not bad at all. Is it prime stable? if so enter it into the OCDB.

my only recommendation would be running at either 8 or 9 multi though.

Guest Neezer

congratulations. just a few things.

Try using a higher divider for your ram. your ram should be able to run at 200 MHz and right now it is at 165 if i am not mistaken.

As far as validation. look in the Overclocking Database (OCDB) here on the street. also, loading a cpu-z screen doesn't automatically mean that you are stable. try prime95 for 8+ hours then you will know if you are really stable or not. Or you could go ahead and make an OCDB entry.

That looks like a great OC though. Over 1GHz extra. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I havn't taken the RAM out for a spin in the bios yet, that'll be tomorrow's job. I've got it testing in prime95 as I type, I'm going to leave it over night just to make sure.

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio

This is your CPU multiplier.. This times your HTTFSB is how you get your CPU frequency..

**Important note**

On all a64 systems it is not recommended to use half multipliers ( i.e. 8.5,9.5,10.5) because this will put your ram on a ratio which means it will be running slower then you think and not the same as you have your HTTFSB set to no matter what..

A quote here from Wild shows what happens to your ram speed when using half multis…

(DRAM frequency) X (RAM divider) = CPU frequency

Dividers are all whole numbers, so if you use a half multiplier your memory speed is calculated by using the next highest whole number.

An example...

200X10 = 200/10 (divider) = 200MHz

200x10.5 = 2100/11 (next highest divider) = 190MHz (effective memory frequency.)

thats why i recommend 8 or 9.

aha, alright, I'll probably put it up to 9 and put the FSB down a little.

I've got it at 1.63v for the CPU, I don't intend on setting it any higher. Everything else is at stock.

Sorry, but what's CPU OPN MPMW?

@Dedodido - I think he wants the stepping of your processor like my opty is ccbbe 0617FPMW. its located on the IHS. Your volts to me are a little too much for air but i never liked pumping much through my processor anyways. if you go 9x315 that will get you 2800.

@Hamid - complete sentences are your friend.