Abit Nf7

dling

i have just installed my new m/b the abit nf7, it will not load the video controller,i have tried both letting it self install & also giving the path on the cd,neither work,i get a ? mark on both the vid. controller and vid. controller (vga) there is no vid. adapter, in the device manager. each time i try to install i get a message saying it can't install the hardware because it can't find the software. this prevents me from being able to install my vid. card (no adapter). have formated the h.d.d. twice,and reinstalled windows, as well as the drivers, have gone to nvidia, down loaded, and installed latest drivers, still no luck. any ideas?????????

Edited by dling

have gone to nvidia, down loaded, and installed latest drivers

this is my agp,radeon 9800 pro card, "not on board "

andrusk,not very bright,are ya!

Haha!! I made me a simple misinterpretation (even though you failed to specify which drivers they were, so really its half your fault too :P )

Try disabling the onboard video in the bios to avoid any conflicts when installing the card.

Edited by andrusk

andrusk,not very bright,are ya! the nvidia driver is for the m/b not the video card.thanks for being on top of your game. lol (sorry that i posted in wrong forum, try not to do it again.)

Edited by dling

Did you by chance install the Nvidia Graphics Drivers instead of the Nvidia System Drivers? Sounds to me that you have two video drivers installed and Windows XP can't differentiate between the two. Of couse you did un-install your video drivers before you installed the ATI drivers? :rolleyes:

Edited by Cyber Surfer