Everest Ultimate 3.50.909 Released (New Beta) 2/21/2007

soundx98

Cool :).

I have:

Monitor Diagnostics

System Stability Test

EVEREST CPUID

So I guess I do have to get the ultimate edition :).

When I do, I'm gonna look around in it because I think this corp ver may have alot more in it.

Not unless they revamped it this much...

Would be easy enough to port the modules to the corp ver, maybe...

Anyways thanks for the help :).

The versions are quite different, your best bet is to view this Lavalys page for a side-by-side comparison of the features. As the Lavalys website blurb points out, they were built for different target audiences and as such, contain different feature sets.
Everest Corporate Edition

A new standard in automated network management to lower IT operational and purchasing costs by providing full range of solutions for administrators and helpdesk staff including security alerts and customized reports covering hardware and software information, network audit, change management and network monitoring.

Everest Ultimate Edition

Industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. Exhaustive details of system information on 100 pages including CPU, FPU, disk and memory benchmarks, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities.

I've used the Ultimate edition (and the Home edition before that) and have always found it a very useful program for pulling together information under one umbrella. If I wasn't already a user, I'd purchase it via the link in this thread to aid Happy :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everest 3.00 is now 25% off!

Hi Travis,

The sale is simply a coupon code entered that provides a 25% discount. It is good until the 14th of July 2006 and you can promote this sale into your website. Simply tell your users to enter coupon code ‘V3SPECIAL’ into their shopping cart when they’re ready to purchase and they will automatically receive the 25% off.

Best regards,

Pascal Marion

Sales Manager

Lavalys Software Inc.

www.lavalys.com

hah the free version was cool...

but

like any software that I use full time (and you can tell by all my screenshots, OC Database, Stock SPeed Database, etc that I use it ALL THE TIME), I purchase it.

Free is good, but free doesn't allow the developers to continue to refine it and make it better ;)

The price seemed right, so i just downloaded it. It has some strong points, a lot of concise information and it's reading the temps on both my gpu cores. I don't know where it's getting it's info though, as it's reading it 3 degrees higher than MBM5 at 60 on gpu 2, and 65 on gpu 1. I don't know which one to trust.

While it will display both gpu temps, it won't display my chipset temps or voltages. It will, however, display the chipset fan speeds. Has anyone else noticed this or got it to show chipset temps? It does readout chipset temps, under sensors, in the main page, so I know it can read them. It just won't display them on the osd or the system tray. There's not even a checkbox for it under temps, where you configure the osd/sys tray. Did they really put this thing together and leave out the ability to monitor one of the most important temps, or do I just have a problem on this end, and maybe just try and reinstall?

While I'm at it, every version of Everest, always shows me having 2 processors. What's up with that?

It ain't no MBM5. The fonts it defaulted to on the osd, get chopped off, as if they can't fit in the field. Like in the fan speeds it will read rpm with the very end of the m, sliced off. The osd is positioned in the top right corner, with no way to reposition it, that I can find, and you have to lower the font size, so it doesn't run off screen.

There's no way to change any of the descriptions. You just get the generic cpu, gpu diode 1 crap. No way to personalize it.

There are checkboxes for dimm and chipset under voltages, but they don't readout under osd either.

There's no time out on the osd, or keystroke to close it, like in MBM5. It's either off or it's on, continuously burning into your monitor.

It's possible I'm just not doing something right, but I doubt it, as I've been through every part of it, and read all the help files.

Strong points are a lot of info in one place that seems to be pretty accurate. You can easily see everything that's on your computer, including software licenses (you could pretty much find it all in sytem information) and quite a few benchmarking tools, I don't fully understand yet.

As a monitoring tool, it's not very well thought out, and inflexible. Like I said it ain't no MBM5. Hopefully, updates will improve on it.

If not, I guess you'll have to wait on the Super Duper Ultimate 4.0 edition if you want to see your chipset temps. Should have checked out the demo a little closer, before buying.

um...it is not intended to be MBM5 or any monitoring software...it's mean to be an all-around system information tool w/benchmarks to compare system performance against other machines running the same version

ie: SiSoft Sandra but we like it better as it actually runs all the tests without BSOD's or lockups or crashes (unlike Sandra) and it's fairly quick to run the tests and compare to others.

Hopefully you can get that part out of your head (that it is supposed to somehow be MBM5 since you've mentioned that a couple of times...it is NOT supposed to replace any software temp/fan monitoring tool....but it has some of those features in case you don't have a program...but if it were to be like MBM5 it would have to have a giant database of sensor chips and settings and then the program would bloat up and be like SiSoft Sandra or MBM5...which, again, it is not intended to be like MBM5.)

The temps in the Systray are there so you can monitor them while running benchmarks inside EVEREST.

For single core processors it will show the CPU temp and the CPU Core temp.

These are two different diodes. The CPU diode is on the motherboard and the CPU Core diode is on the processor.

The "check boxes" you see are simply to indicate that the feature is available and turned on. It will list every feature available for a given CPU type.

That's why you'll see things like ECC under RAM even though you don't have ECC RAM. The check box will be empty if the feature isn't supported.

um...it is not intended to be MBM5 or any monitoring software...it's mean to be an all-around system information tool w/benchmarks to compare system performance against other machines running the same version

ie: SiSoft Sandra but we like it better as it actually runs all the tests without BSOD's or lockups or crashes (unlike Sandra) and it's fairly quick to run the tests and compare to others.

Hopefully you can get that part out of your head (that it is supposed to somehow be MBM5 since you've mentioned that a couple of times...it is NOT supposed to replace any software temp/fan monitoring tool....but it has some of those features in case you don't have a program...but if it were to be like MBM5 it would have to have a giant database of sensor chips and settings and then the program would bloat up and be like SiSoft Sandra or MBM5...which, again, it is not intended to be like MBM5.)

Yes, I'm aware it's a lot more than just a hardware monitoring program like MBM5, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's attempting to be.

It's own description on it's site states, under motherboard and cpu "Accurate low-level details about motherboard, cpu and bios, including chipset details" No, it doesn't state under hardware monitoring, that it will report chipset temps, but given that it has the capability to read it, and I consider the temperature to be the most important "chipset detail", the fact that you are unable to monitor it, is just plain goofy.

It has the ability to monitor and display as much or more than MBM5, things such as both gpu cores, memory usage, so to leave out chipset temps, makes absolutely no sense.

I hardly think the ability to monitor chipset temps (which it already has) and display them, would create much in the way of bloat.

Under hardware monitoring it states "dram voltage monitoring", the box is available, the box is checked, there is no dram voltage. No biggie.

As far as fonts and the osd go, once again no biggie. I can resize and try different ones to keep it on the screen.

Like I said, hopefully, updates will address some of these issues.

For $22.46, I don't exactly feel raped. Indeed, it has many benefits.

Do any of the modules crash the mobo with this version of everest.. I forgot which version it was that would reboot my pc.

No. None that I've seen, but then I've never had a problem with Everest crashing, just SiSoft Sandra.

If you have a module crashing you should uninstall the app and download a fresh copy for install. If the new copy crashes you probably have a stability issue with your hardware.

You can always run a report and send it to Lavalys for debug.