Windows XP 64 Install Problem - Tried EVERYTHING - Please help

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• Windows XP 32
    • Windows XP 64
    • Windows Vista 32
    • Windows Vista 64
    • Other

Currently triple booting XP32, x64 Edition, and Vista x64 and lovin' it.

x64 Edition has been my main OS for over a year.

But I can't imagine being without XP32 for benching

Those using Vista for their primary OS are stupid (and I'm being kind)

As you browse through the forums I am always amazed at the amount of issues people have with settings up RAID. Same as those with issues slipstreaming.

Simple answer - you are doing something wrong.

Now RAID with Vista can be a nightmare. That I can understand. But certainly doable one you know the secret.

I am totally baffled that since most enthusiast boards over the last 5-6 years have RAID as a feature, MS still makes it so difficult to enable a RAID array. With all the bloat in the OS it seems a crying shame they cannot include the popular drivers at least. Just a pain in the arse.

What is the advantage going to be by installing 64 over a 32 bit? Are u going to notice a big differance.

It depends upon the application. A friend of mine said that he experienced 10-15% better framerates on 64 bit in World of Warcraft. As more and more apps get 64 bit versions we will benefit from the additional resources.

Currently triple booting XP32, x64 Edition, and Vista x64 and lovin' it.

x64 Edition has been my main OS for over a year.

But I can't imagine being without XP32 for benching

Those using Vista for their primary OS are stupid (and I'm being kind)

As you browse through the forums I am always amazed at the amount of issues people have with settings up RAID. Same as those with issues slipstreaming.

Simple answer - you are doing something wrong.

Now RAID with Vista can be a nightmare. That I can understand. But certainly doable one you know the secret.

I am totally baffled that since most enthusiast boards over the last 5-6 years have RAID as a feature, MS still makes it so difficult to enable a RAID array. With all the bloat in the OS it seems a crying shame they cannot include the popular drivers at least. Just a pain in the arse.

I agree...it shouldn't be this difficult. I've been running RAID 0 for over a year now and I'll never go back. Maybe once Vista x64 is truly out and manufacturers have no choice but to create MS signed drivers then we'll experience less issues. Maybe.

If you are using this method, you should exactly follow the guide!

CU

Fernando

Thats a great guide.. !!

I followed it the other night and it worked PERFECT !! :D

Hi

I used the XP 64 bit RAID drivers (6.67) from PlanteAMD64 and they worked like a dream, I had zero problems at all and the defualt screen is at high res.

If you want to use the f6 method you can use nlite to remove the old raid drivers so that it cant overwrite the nvidia ones when install completes. easier method is to remove them and just add the raid drivers to your unattended disk as mentioned above there is an article on it on msfn.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=50659&hl

There is the link been working great for me for months.

Have a copy of xp64, but it was so buggy when I bought it, that it got relegated to the sidelines. I'll use it on my next build, as it's pretty solid, now.