canth

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• Windows XP 32
    • Windows XP 64
    • Windows Vista 32
    • Windows Vista 64
    • Other

I bought my LanParty NF4 SLI-DR about a year ago and its been rock solid on Windows XP 32 bit until a few weeks ago and I decided that it was time to re-install. Since XP 64 is more mature now I wanted to give it a try, so I grabbed the latest RAID drivers and started the install. After ~10 hours and much frustration I've never gotten Windows XP 64 to load.

The install goes fine, I press F6 and add the RAID drivers (I'm booting off a RAID 0 stripe set using the nVidia chip) using version 6.69 off the nVidia website, but then when Windows reboots after the install, I get a quick BSOD and then back to the BIOS. When loading in Safe Mode I get to ACPITABLE.DAT and then it halts and reboots to the BIOS again. I've tried different drivers, (6.67, 6.66, DFI drivers, guru3d drivers). I've tried resetting the BIOS to all defaults. I've pulled out every card (except for the video) and disconnected the CDROM drives, used only 1 memory stick in slot 2. No go. Same problem every time. I've searched the web extensively, I've tried to build a Win XP 64 CD with the drivers integrated using nLite unsuccessfully and now I need some help. Suggestions?

I feel you man, I had the same exact problems when doing raid on my Expert with X64. The only way to solve the problem as I was told when I asked for help here is that to slipstream the driver with the OS. I had a hell of a time doing it but unseccesful. Finally one of our senior members here sent me a slipstreamed X64 CD. Do a bit of a search and you might still find the discussed subject.

Have you tried installing on a single drive?

No, I guess I'll try that next with a spare PATA IDE drive I've got kicking around. I have split up the RAID 0 set to c: and d: partitions and I'd like to keep everything that is on d: at the moment. I've got most of it backed up but it'd be a lot easier to not have to lose everything on it at the moment.

1st thing I'm going to do is take another stab at slipstreaming the drivers as I've never gotten that to work successfully. It seems to work but then when I attempt to install Windows XP 64 it complains that it can't find about 10 nvidia driver files that I didn't chose to integrate. Here goes again.

I feel you man, I had the same exact problems when doing raid on my Expert with X64. The only way to solve the problem as I was told when I asked for help here is that to slipstream the driver with the OS. I had a hell of a time doing it but unseccesful. Finally one of our senior members here sent me a slipstreamed X64 CD. Do a bit of a search and you might still find the discussed subject.

I've tried this repeatedly using the instructions found here but I've gotten nothing but missing files when installing Windows XP 64. I guess I can try the single HD method, but so what if it works? If I can't run hardware RAID then I'm better off going back to 32 bit.

I've tried this repeatedly using the instructions found here but I've gotten nothing but missing files when installing Windows XP 64. I guess I can try the single HD method, but so what if it works? If I can't run hardware RAID then I'm better off going back to 32 bit.

Basically I just want to make sure it the Raid drivers causing you issues. It likely is, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I'll look at my slipstreamed disc and see if I can figure out what files I used...

I myself could not get it to work with X64 because with the the XPPro it installs just fine, maybe I was just doing it wrong with X64. I am pretty sure I was following the instructions, but I gave up when CP sent me a copy. It worked fine after that.

If you are using this method, you should exactly follow the guide!

CU

Fernando

I did. I was very careful to select the correct files and read all the way through the documentation you provided, so I'm not sure why it didn't work. F6 + 6.56 beta drivers got me into windows, so now I need to see if I can update to 6.69.

I did. I was very careful to select the correct files and read all the way through the documentation you provided, so I'm not sure why it didn't work. F6 + 6.56 beta drivers got me into windows, so now I need to see if I can update to 6.69.

Updated to 6.69 and everything seems to be working like a charm. One thing to note is that I had 2 partitions. Second partition showed as unformatted, which was unfortunate because it had a lot of data on it. I formatted it and am now using Ontrack Easy Recovery to recover the data. Seems to be working fine.

Again, thanks for all the help.