Sign in to follow this  
red930

Guess What? ATI Catalyst 6.6 Final is out!

Performance Improvements

As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations.

* Far Cry performance improves 4-5%. Larger gains of up to 18.3% can be seen when using anisotropic filtering.

* Fear performance improves as much as 8.5% on X1800 and X1900 Single card systems and as much as 14% on X1800 and X1900 Crossfire systems.

* Splinter Cell (original) performance improves as much a 7% on X1300 and X1600 Crossfire systems.

Go to ATI.com to get the lastest greatest drivers TODAY! :)

sweeeeet, that means that its only a few weeks till the omega ones ;P

Nice find :D

thats not really sounding like its worth busting my great-running Omega 6.5's for them

plus...you still have to have stupid .NET for Crossfire and honestly...I will never again install that useless system hog...not when a single card actually whips Crossfire in 1280x1024 or lower for me (and i can super-clock one card to 745/846 which is way higher than I can get both cards together to clock in Crossfire mode)

plus it doesn't list any fixes for games that I play (I didn't see Oblivion fixes)

omega drivers caused a disk boot failure on my pc and i had to reformat it, i must have done something wrong during the install -_-

Tried them on me aircooled rig with crappy Venice tonight. Didnt gain me anything over 6.5. IIRC the 6.6 beta's did better in SM 3.0 for others. Could be me single core proc and/or win 2000 though, wil try XP soon.

Any news on crossfire without dongle/mastercard with cat 6.6 yet??

Venice 10 x 230

Win 2000 SP4 + DX 9.0c

X1800XT 700/800 (atitool 025 beta 14)

CCC @ performance

2005-1.jpg

2006-1.jpg

The Catalyst 6.6 drivers allows the X1900GT's and a few X1000 cards to be used as CF without the cabling. The only problem is that this doesn't apply to the X1900XT/X1900XTX. :(