[RESOLVED]Windows setup doesn't load.

I recently built a new pc, last Wednesday to be exact, and I seem to be having a problem different than the common POST.

My windows setup will not load.. I've tried numerous things such as changing the jumpers on the back of the cdrom drive to slave and cable select, as well as different windows cds and different cdrom drives. I talked to a few friends to try and help my problem, but we were not able to find the solution. I can access my bios fine and everything and it detects my hard drive and cdrom drive fine, but when I leave the bios to go to actually install windows, it just sits at the boot from CD... and then it's the black screen with the white underscore at the top left blinking at me. I am completely befuddled as to what the problem is, as I have never had this problem on the other pc's that I've built. Would anyone please be able to help me out?

There is a long thread at the top of the forum that has pictures of where the PSU hooks to the board.

There is a MEMTEST86+ built into the BIOS. I think it is in the Genie section at the bottom. Or, you can download one from the web onto a floppy and boot with that.

kirby

Guest Kobalt

Look in the BIOS for the memtest option. Or you can just download it from memtest86.com

My powersupply is the SilverStone Element 500W. I didn't realise there were 3 places I need to power on my board?? I thought there was only 2. Where and how do I run the memtest 86+ also??

Yes there is, a Floppy power connector, 8pin EPS 12v (your PSU does not have this, so youll have to use an adapter there is a PSU guide linked at the bottom of my sig), and 24pin main

Memtest 86+ is the last option in the Genie section, all the way at the bottom, just set up defaults, enable it, f-10, enter and then let it run for a few hours minimum. test 5 and 8 are the most torturous afaik

It cetainly wouldnt hurt, and im not saying it is a gaurenteed fix, but you have a pretty high end rig,and a shi7 PSU, i still dont understand that concept (please fix your location per forum rules) if you have a friend near "home" maybe they have a decent PSU u can try? but first find the adapter, read instructions and at least try it

I don't believe it came with an adapter.. I just kind of rigged it with the 4 slot.. I didn't even expect it to turn on after I did that, but I'm guessing part of it could be that the mobo isn't circulating power correctly because I'm only using 4 pins. I have a friend who has a PSU that has the 8pin for sure, I don't remember what it is exactly, but I will ask him to see if it works.. Thank you everyone for the help with everything so far, I'll post back with the results from my friend's psu, whether it be good or bad..

That's good news, and yes please let us know what you find out. the simple things are amazingly important on DFI's, also check bleedingedge.com forums (OCZ support forum) for the recomended settings for your RAM. those 2 things should make a huge improvment