Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadowarez_merged

well i am no longer a dfi user

Guest Shadowarez

iv tryed sstripin down to its bare as possable all fan off, cept the ones in case running on min, 1 stick fo ram, no dvd drives, 1 hdd sata, i use the sonic tower to cool my cpu, all mem configs have used defualts, with added voltage after each failure, thing is iv fought with htis for a few weeks, when i got my 7900 gt i though okay my old card had to be the prob,

then i switched that out, the psu is the enermax librty 620watt psu, im switchin it for the gamer extreme 700 watt, to see if the psu is bad,

I dont believe you're suposed to run ALL settings on Auto....I think** there are only a few setting to be left on Auto...the others you must manually configure...easiest thing to do is check the OCDB and find a rig close to yours and copy all settings and apply them towards yours...thats a good starting point...

The 1st part of getting a board fully stable is understanding each and every option given to you in the bios...If you Do Not then you need a board with less options that lets the bios configure them for you...

I have seen a lot of people have problems with there expert board at 1st and most of it is because they either dont know how it meant to be set up OR they dont fully understand ALL the options and know where to put the values needed... I will admit...I am one of those people...I do not have an expert board...nor am I ready for one.... Maybe a Ultra-D or SLI-D mite suit you better...

easiest thing to do is check the OCDB and find a rig close to yours and copy all settings and apply them towards yours...thats a good starting point...

Also check the Stock Speed database for settings. I've found some good combinations that are rock solid and an excellent starting point for overclocking later.

As ExRoadie has said

Also check the Stock Speed database for settings. I've found some good combinations that are rock solid and an excellent starting point for overclocking later.

and tryed diff meme combos if i dont use 4 mem sticks it will crash in windows, if use all 4 it boots to windows no probs cept the 3d issue, iv tryed mem test stable for 8 hours, not a single error with all that mem in stalled

This is a pretty good indication that memory timings are the the problem. Sometimes these boards just don't work with full Auto settings. I have one set of HZ sticks out of the many in my collection like this with an Expert board. If I load optimized settings the system won't even post yet manually they will clock to 265. None of my other sets exhibit this problem and this set will boot with the optimized settings in my Venus. Optimized is just a tighter version of Auto. Although not usually a problem at stock frequencies these bios are terrible at picking correct DDS/DDDS. My Experts/Venus will continuously select weak for DDS with certain memory where after a moderate HTT increase they will not boot at all unless DDS is set to normal.

The best thing to do now is follow ExRoadie's advice and look at some known good settings others are using.

Sorry you had trouble but the mere fact that you RMA'd two board and are still having problems simply confirms that the board was not the problem.

Look elsewhere as indicated in the posts above.

I RMAed (returned and got new ones) 3 boards... dfi land parys (EDIT: LOL LAN PARTY's), and well the 3d one worked (im using it now) but i have some serios ram timing problems... still reading up on that... and i did 9hours 40mins of mem test no errors... but its (the pc) still lagging on start up of anything including windows firfox itunes alibre cpuz (not sure if that should take so long)...

Lagging? Do you click the icon and it takes a while to load? I am noticing your only running 1GB of Ram, and I cant tell anything else about you rig, but really I think you might be putting too much into the time it takes to load something...You sig although nicely made doesnt tell us much about your setup, HDs and so on...

iv tryed sstripin down to its bare as possable all fan off, cept the ones in case running on min, 1 stick fo ram, no dvd drives, 1 hdd sata, i use the sonic tower to cool my cpu, all mem configs have used defualts, with added voltage after each failure, thing is iv fought with htis for a few weeks, when i got my 7900 gt i though okay my old card had to be the prob,

then i switched that out, the psu is the enermax librty 620watt psu, im switchin it for the gamer extreme 700 watt, to see if the psu is bad,

Did you remove and disable the Karajan audio module?

Regarding running the RAM on all Auto settings. I must have gotten lucky, I have literally every RAM setting on Auto and my system runs fine. The RAM runs 3-3-7-3 1T DDR540 with the CPU at 300x9- I obviously have the RAM on a divider.

and i did 9hours 40mins of mem test no errors...

Running MemTest from the bios or from a boot disk is completely different then the memory being stable in Windows. MemTest run outside of Windows is verifying the integrity on the ram only. It's possible to pass Memtest with settings so far off Windows won't even load. Once in Windows it's the interaction of Windows and a lot of the secondary timings that is the concern. I'd be willing to bet if you run MemTest for Windows it would fail .

i used the mem test in the bios (enable) ,1.66 or what ever, but its so stupid its like C is for config, i press C and the pc restarts but then the second time mem test starts up c open up that menu... but yeah i used that mem test and 9 hours and 40mins and no errors unless im reading it wrong, i can do it tonight too, why not lol. oh and i gota prime this Bish up... i wrote down my #'s im my dram config list in the bios... but im not gona jack this thread just about now... ill start a new one..

Lagging? Do you click the icon and it takes a while to load? I am noticing your only running 1GB of Ram, and I cant tell anything else about you rig, but really I think you might be putting too much into the time it takes to load something...You sig although nicely made doesnt tell us much about your setup, HDs and so on...

ill come up with a new sig no prob lol...