well i am no longer a dfi user

Guest Shadowarez_merged

Guest Shadowarez

i have had 2 RMA's and the board came back and now its crashingo n every 3d app, too many issue's ill try a asus, guess dfi just isnt for me,

I know there have been ALOT of problems with 7900GTs. I had to RMA one that crashed out of games all the time (which had the exact same clock speeds as the one you are using).

Remember, the motherboard isn't always at fault.

The card I was having problems with was the CO Superclocked, but the same thing basically...

The new one works like a dream.

So please please before you give up, try using a different video card.

I agree. What testing have you done to determine that the board is defective? Have you tried using another video card?

If you were a 1st time DFI user you sure picked a doozie of a board to start with. The experts are supposed to be the pickiest boards and when not set up properly with your hardware, it can cause major headaches.

Its your choice what you want to do, but im curious as to what testing you have done to warrant your decision.

Guest caffeinejunkie

BLASPHEMY

Honestly the world must be coming to an end. I mean your downgrading from DFI to ASSUS and UncleDavid has 1,666 posts. But really david is right theres really no way the board could be responsible for 3d instability. For 3d instability your lookin at CPU, GPU, and Memory as possible culprits (psu can also be included because an under powered system could easily crash w/ the load of really any game). So why dont you post all of your settings in both the Genie and DRAM config (my guess if it isnt the 7900 then it's a memory controller issue) and we'll see if we can help get you stable so you dont make a horrible mistake :)

Wait guys... keep letting him RMA. The more he RMA's, the more refurbished DFI boards on Newegg. I got mine as a refurb. Paid only 130 bucks for my Expert and it came with everything and worked like a dream...

Keep the refurbs coming Shadow!!!

Good luck with the next board though it is very likly that you will have the same problems on the next one. If you are memtest and prime stable which is not really that hard to do with good memory and the support OCZ gives and a good PSU.

If that is the case take the side of the case blow a fan in it and see if you have problems then try a new card or underclock the card you have. As everyone has stated the cards have ben having issues and it is more common in that case than most it was not really intended for high performance systems and often overheats bad dnough and it kills the cards.

It is extremely unlikly you have two bad MB's.

But if you fell like throuing away the board I will take it of your hands :)

There have

i have had 2 RMA's and the board came back and now its crashingo n every 3d app, too many issue's ill try a asus, guess dfi just isnt for me,

Sorry you had trouble but the mere fact that you RMA'd two board and are still having problems simply confirms that the board was not the problem.

Look elsewhere as indicated in the posts above.

Guest Shadowarez

i have also used 2 diff pci x cards, and tryed diff meme combos if i dont use 4 mem sticks it will crash in windows, if use all 4 it boots to windows no probs cept the 3d issue, iv tryed mem test stable for 8 hours, not a single error with all that mem in stalled, i increased voltages to get some more stabiltiy and it still does it, i right now havt a 6600 gt oc, form bfg, failed same crashing issue, a msi 6200TC same issue as the 7900 gt ko, so it cant be the video cards,

Guest Shadowarez

everytign is set to auto basicly w for all 3 mem configs iv tryed, the ocz mem, alone, the ocz mem, the no name rma, the corsair mem, iv tryed those in all diff kinda combos to see if the me is causing the issue, it had a lot of probs, but i nall configs iv tryed it was em+prime stable for a few hours each. only thing i did from stock settings on ram was set the voltages only .5 hogher then thier orig values, wierd thing is HL 2 will work for 20 secs then it will freez and crash,

I feel for ya. This sounds like it's been a nightmare.

Have you tried running the rig as bare-bones as possible, while still allowing you to run the 3d apps? Disconnect and disable the Karajan audio, extra hard drives, USB devices, etc?