Sign in to follow this  
dougal813

Computer turns off prior to post

I just started having a problem with a computer I built a couple weeks back. Everything was working fine before this morning. When I turn my computer on it stays on for about 3 or 4 seconds and then powers down. The diagnostic LEDS turn to all red and then it just shuts off.

I found a way to make it stay on. I needed to turn the power supply off completely and wait for the standby LED to turn off. Once the standby LED was off I switch the power supply back on and everything works fine.

I thought it might be overheating but my temps when it does go on are as follows:

CPU: 30

PWMIC: 39

NF4 Chipset: 48

CPU Core: 55

Smart HD: 38

I think I have all the connectors plugged into the mainboard correctly. I plugged in the 24 pin ATX, the extra 8 pin connector, and the molex connector.

Can anyone help me find out why this is happening?

i think its interesting that i was reading that there is an actual "coldboot" issue regarding using vapochill and the like to freeze a cpu and then certain cpus have the "cold boot" issue and refuse to boot. what he was describing above is more correctly labeled a "switch bounce" or load balancing issue....just felt like being annoying today :)

i think its interesting that i was reading that there is an actual "coldboot" issue regarding using vapochill and the like to freeze a cpu and then certain cpus have the "cold boot" issue and refuse to boot. what he was describing above is more correctly labeled a "switch bounce" or load balancing issue....just felt like being annoying today :)

Yeah this is correct, but the issue is less common and searching for switch bounce wont lead him right to a thread with about 500+ posts regarding this issue...