Raid0

samwY

I followed someones BIOS instructures and procedures but when I press F4 to load my SATA Raid thing it says I dont have a device.

Someone please help me walk through the Raid 0.

Before, I created a Raid 0 but then when I used Windows XP bootup and set up windows it did not reconize my hard drives and said I had none.

Help!

I have a Abit IC7 Max 3 motherboard.

Aim: NYC samwY

i can't say the exact procedure for your motherboard/raid controller, but 1st off make sure raid is enabled either in the bios or by jumper on the m/b. then sometime after the POST you have to press a key to enter the raid bios. once you're in the the bios you need to create the raid array, by choosing the drives and then the type.

WARNING: creating the array will erase all data you have on the drives.

now you should be able to install windows to the array, you'll probably have to press f4 at the begining to load a raid driver off a floppy.

When installing XP it should be F6 not F4 to load up a RAID driver. I've found sometimes that the way you create a floppy with the drivers on it can make XP think there is no drivers on the disk. For example...

I copied 4 driver files onto a floppy, XP couldn't find any RAID drivers, then

I copied the whole folder where the files were in onto the floppy, then XP found them.

Every mobo is different, but with a little bit of playing around you should be able to get it to work.