Sign in to follow this  
malvare1

Quest for 3G help

My settings are as follow,

anything I could change to get there? I can boot to 3g but it freezes after a few seconds.

FSB Bus Frequency..................... 322

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio............... 3.0x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio............... 9x

PCI Express Frequency................. 100

CPU VID Startup Value................. Startup

CPU VID Control....................... 1.425

VID Special Control................... 107.2%

LDT Voltage Control................... 1.40V

Chip Set Voltage Control.............. 1.62v

Dram Voltage Control.................. 2.71v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

Dram Frequency Set (Mhz).............. 150=RAM/FSB:03/04

Command Per Clock (CPC)............... Enable

CAS# latency (Tcl).................... 3.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd)............. 03

Min RAS# active time (Tras)......... . 08

Row Precharge Time (Trp).............. 03

Row Cycle Time (Trc).................. 11

Row refresh timg (Trfc)............... 16

RAS# to RAS# delay (Trrd)............. 03

Write Recovery Time (Twr)............. 03

Wite-to-Read Delay (Twtr)............. 02

Read-to-Write Delay (Trwt)............ 03

Refresh Rate (Tref)................... 3120 Cycles

Write CAS Latency (Twcl)...............Auto

DRAM Bank Interleaving................ Enabled

DQS Skew Control...................... Auto

DQS Skew Value........................ 0

Ram DLL Speed......................... Auto

DRAM Drive Strength................... Level 07

DRAM Data Drive Strength.............. Level 2

Max Asynchronous Latency.............. 08.0

DRAM Response Time.....................normal

Read Preamble Time.................... 6.5

IdleCycle Limit........................128

Dynamic Counter....................... Disable

R/W Queue Bypass.......................16X

Bypass Max.............................04X

32-Byte Granularity................... Disable (4 bursts)

Any help is appreciated

Trc and Trfc are probably to high but that wouldn't be the reason for freezing so fast. MAL may have to be increased to 9. But more important then these settings are the settings you are OCDB stable at. Would you happen to have that info handy?

Guest Darien

if you're freezing in windows, you're probably quite far past your stability point... are you stable at the posted settings? if so, what stability tests have you ran / passed....

I don't know with your RAM or divider... but I just found with mine that if I run a 9/10 divider with my RAM and CCBBE 0610 DPMW that if 32 byte granularity is disables it fails stability testing quickly... with it enabled the system gets stable.. even with tighter timings.

Trc and Trfc are probably to high but that wouldn't be the reason for freezing so fast. MAL may have to be increased to 9. But more important then these settings are the settings you are OCDB stable at. Would you happen to have that info handy?

The ones posted here are my OCDB ones @ 322x9= 2900 fully stable 46c load, from here if I increase my fsb to 333x9 it will boot but it will freeze.

if you're freezing in windows, you're probably quite far past your stability point... are you stable at the posted settings? if so, what stability tests have you ran / passed....

I don't know with your RAM or divider... but I just found with mine that if I run a 9/10 divider with my RAM and CCBBE 0610 DPMW that if 32 byte granularity is disables it fails stability testing quickly... with it enabled the system gets stable.. even with tighter timings.

I'm not freezing in windows at the posted settings (2900 mhz). My entries of stability are posted on the OCDB.

Windows freezes when I increase my fsb to 333x9 = 3000. I'm wondering what can I tweak on my posted settings (OCDB stable at 2900) to reach 3000 before I start increasing my vcore.

Thanks

Guest caffeinejunkie

Level 2 for DDDS is a strong setting. For your memory you want weak so use either level 1 or 3 (try 1 first). Also increase idle cycle limiter to 256.

Level 2 for DDDS is a strong setting. For your memory you want weak so use either level 1 or 3 (try 1 first). Also increase idle cycle limiter to 256.

ok, thanks will try and report back later today

You can also try increasing VCORE a little and until things are sorted out I would run the memory at the advertised rating of 3-4-3-8 mot 3-3-3-8.

You can also try increasing VCORE a little and until things are sorted out I would run the memory at the advertised rating of 3-4-3-8 mot 3-3-3-8.

ok, I think I'm at 1.50v right now will try to increase to 1.56v and change the settings reccomended by caffeinejunkie. Praz anything else you see on the other seetings that I could change?

Thanks

ok, I think I'm at 1.50v right now will try to increase to 1.56v and change the settings reccomended by caffeinejunkie. Praz anything else you see on the other seetings that I could change?

Thanks

Not really. Your timings are pretty loose already. I think I'd be looking at processor stability.

Yea the timings should be a lot more stable at 3-4-3-8. I'd also attempt to drop the Data Drive Strength down to 1 and see if it stabilizes any. I've had bad luck with anything above 1 so far with my 165.

my current idle cycle limiter is 128, by increasing it to 256 what does this setting do to system? will work on this after lunch today, still at office