I Like To Lurk On This Forum...

broooooooce

So I have this messed up addiction. I like to build computers, I think you all understand. The thing is, I use my nice fast systems pretty much to check my e-mail and browse the web. People ask me "What do you really even need all that power for?" I usually answer with "Well, noone really needs a Corvette or a GTO or a Viper or whatever... but people still enjoy them."

So I figured I'd put my computers to work on something productive. Right now, my systems at home (I'm at work) are doing the Seti or the Folding thing... and I put my team as OCC like the post instructed. I put my Athlon1800 on Seti and my Barton2800 on Folding (I looked at your (our?) stats on both pages and it seems like our main focus is Folding).

I haven't really posted much, but I've been lurking around here for a while. So, uh... hi :)

Bruce

EDIT: How do you like that Zalman 7000 AlCu?

I assume its the 7000A since its on an Athlon XP, but what temps are you getting?

Yeah, I like it. I'm running a mild o/c, 186 x 12.0 = 2216 or something like that. Just 200 mhz oc. I stay around 55 while running Folding, Stay at about 57 or so running Prime95. Stay at 59-61*c when I'm at 186 x 12.5 @ 2300+, but I think that is too hot.

I think I should reseat the heat sink, but it's one of those things I haven't gotten around to doing. I used AS3, but I may have used too much. It wasn't like all gooped on there, or whatever, but it wasn't transparent either.

The fan itself is the [best], asthetically speaking. It's huge, and it looks so cool. It is VERY quiet, which is more of what I was going for with this system than a massive OC (I'm going to build my first water cooled system here in the next few months for that). It only runs at about 1500-2400 RPM.

I would love to see a similar design, the fan sunken into the heatsink (flower design? It's called something like that, I'm sure someone else here knows), but with a fan capable of higher RPMs.

Bruce

PS: Been meaning to reply to this for a couple of days, but haven't had a chance :)

EDIT: Here's a pic:

hangerfan1.JPG

Here's one more, but it's 4 megapixels:

http://www.deckadance.com/curious/pics/mis...ce/117_1799.JPG

Also, I think Imma drop seti and run folding on both cpu's. I hate to not contribute to SETI, and as much as I'm all for looking outward into space, I think maybe folding would be more productive. Sides, like I said, it seems like our priority here anyways.