Need Help

Neural Interface

I recently posted about trying to repair my boot sector after it got corupted after to much overclocking, and after a failed attempt at trying "FIXBOOT and FIXMBR" I put my hard drive in a friends and was wondering if i can take his file to replace/repair mine?? and if i can where exactly are the files i need!!

btw its XP pro

Thanx, Nerual

The MBR is not a file that can be replaced.

If the MBR is corrupted and if you cannot fix it, you either have to try and repair XP or do a new install from scratch. You can't go messing around swapping system files between two computers anyway, thats the best way to mess up your Windows installation.

I did try to use repair but it brings me into the dos mode where i have a choice of commands, and i cant mess up a windows installation thats already messed up, (it wont boot)

i have a good idea but its still anoying, dosnt seem like i have much choice though. <_<

I am going to put my HD in a friends comp and transfer my files to his HD, then format, install xp and then transfer my files back. :huh::ph34r: