Sign in to follow this  
aurora

My "NEW" Rig - DFI VENUS

Thats it I am definantly getting a Venus now!!!

If not just for the badge LOL

Been hard tracking them down for a reasonable price but, I am sorted now(thanks Aurora) and will be ordering Mon/Tues time.

Cant wait

R4z

I'd Like to see DFI build a new run of Venus MB's without the fancy box. It's really a good product and worth the extra money. I hear people comparing the venus to the expert. THere is no comparison, the Venus doesn't have all the issues that the Expert does.

I'm glad I bought one when I did but now see that that I should have bought several!!!

:cool:

Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, but I did use AMD's stock hsf, in my ultra-d, their good as well.

MMM I might have to look into getting one of those. I have a huge case so it would fit. Praz, what are you using for cooling?

Praz, what are you using for cooling?

WC. It's in my sig.

I'd Like to see DFI build a new run of Venus MB's without the fancy box. It's really a good product and worth the extra money. I hear people comparing the venus to the expert. THere is no comparison, the Venus doesn't have all the issues that the Expert does.

I'm glad I bought one when I did but now see that that I should have bought several!!!

:cool:

besides it facing TCCD better, what bugs doesnt it have? i know it has the temp bug, and the weird sisoft/speedfan prob...

what else? im just wondering

i know it has the temp bug

That's news to me. What bug is it suppose to be?

Guest SuppA-SnipA

that is an awsome build

*applauds

I have put my venus on the map, looking to make a Picture sig, mmmm got a good idea what i want, sorry! off the topic. I want to see if i can break the 2.8ghz barrier .....

the cpu temp is bad on the expert and venus, but it depends, i had 3 experts running by, 2 of them had the temp bug, 1 didnt...

seen 'nuff venus owners in this forum reporting the bad sensor as well... but again, its not on all the boards

besides it facing TCCD better, what bugs doesnt it have? i know it has the temp bug, and the weird sisoft/speedfan prob...

what else? im just wondering

yfital,

One thing it doesn't have (YET) is the cold boot issue that has been a problem for the experts although I've seen a few posts mentioning venus and cold boot in the same sentence. As for the sisoft/ speed fan problem there is a "workaround" (if you search the forum) and the temp bug, what can I tell you??...oh well.

Consider the following:

1. This is the only piece of computer equipiment that I 've ever bought that has actually increased in value since purchase.

2. When I push the "on button" the thing comes to life 100% of the time and is stable and (so far ..knock on wood!!!!) problem free.

3 When reading the forums, there are very few posts about venus problems but admittedly there are few venus boards in the forum.

Bottom line, when newegg had some V boards in stock they were $70 something dollars more than an expert. Really that wasn't much difference in price and was worth the little extra money.

(Knowing computers and after bragging about the venus, there is no doubt that my board will explode/catch on fire/melt within the next 24 hours.)

jp

:)