The Nvidia 7900 series overclocking thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, like the ATI thread, everyone use this to discuss their overclocks, the software used, and provide guides to the best overclocking tutorials etc out there.

I don't have a 7900 card, but I will leave this post and a second post below to put up any links, guides, etc that you have or find so that new users can simply look at the first post to begin reading and understanding about overclocking their new cards.

So please, if you have any good info, post here and if you think it is good enough, tell me to add it to the first post.

If you need any guidance on what good guides or info you should be providing, look at the ATI X1900 overclocking thread also stuck to the top...lots and lots of excellent info there!

My 7900GT, luckily an issue free one:D, has responded well to the simple conductive ink mod. At 1.55Vcore, and about 2.10 Vdimm, it's running Oblivion stable at 715/1890.

Temperatures are certainly a major issue when Vmodding these cards. I first tryed the 1.4 mod with the factory cooler, and the card would run into the mid 80's. I then tryed for 1.5v under a Zalman VF900-cu, which resulted in a maximum temp of 55 under load... The VF900-cu is obviously a good choice of cooler going by these numbers.

My max core clock at 1.5v was about 685, so once I installed a full Danger Den setup, with a Maze4 GPU block, I had to try for 1.55v:) The extra .05 didn't quite have the effect I hoped for, but did allow for a stable 715 (Oblivion stable, what more could I ask:D) The maximum temp now under water is around 36-37 degrees.

At the end of the day, GTX++ speeds at GT prices cant be beaten. Though there have been a number off issues with the 7900 series, I'm the last one to complain, as are many other happy 7900 oc'ers.

Here's one of the better, easy to follow guides. LINK TO GOODNESS!

This isn't intended to scare anybody off, but fixing some form or heatsink to these chips is a good idea if you feel the need to push the card to its limits:) Although I believe the owner of this card was running some insane voltages(~1.8 ??), these chips do get a bit hot.... Just a warning.

hottt6fs.th.jpg

I will be doing a 1.5 Volt mod with my conductive pen

card eVGA 7900 GT SO stock clocks 580/780.

I over clocked it to 591/918, so I figured it needed more voltage.

I would like to know how much heat would I be looking at if I did the 1.55 mod on my GT.

It has a vf900 on it with as5, and it idles at 35.

becuase I would love to break 700 core and I hear evreyone is getting that with 1.55

Also, should I put Ram sinks on the IRC's on the back of the card, I heard they get really really hot...

should I just stick with 1.5 and get 670ish 680ish core?

This isn't intended to scare anybody off, but fixing some form or heatsink to these chips is a good idea if you feel the need to push the card to its limits:) Although I believe the owner of this card was running some insane voltages(~1.8 ??), these chips do get a bit hot.... Just a warning.

hottt6fs.th.jpg

lol

you sure that isn't ThunDa's vid card???

well I just did the 1.4 mod...

temps idle at 39 ish 40.

put the core right up to 685 no problems...

But I think I may have done the 1.5 by accedint..see I messed up so many times, that I think when I wiped it off with acetone, I couldnt get all of it and yeah...

one I get my digital multimeter Il check it out.

Also can someone please show me a picture of where to put the heatsinks on the IC's??

I would appreciate it.

also is it normal to hear a high picthed whining sound when I run intensive 3D apps?