Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

The X1900 series overclocking thread

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

maybe some of you could help me out also. my new card is stuck on 500/500 under clocked. But if i run ccc and ati tools at the same time it will set to defaults 621/900 but if i run them one at a time they show 500/500

Also what driver shold I be useing ?

500/500 is the 2d clock

when you play game it will bump his vcore and clock to 621/900

in everest in the GPU page you will see. 2d clock, low 3d power 3d clock and 3d clock

Hi all! :)

Searching the thread I did not found any info about the x1950xt overclocking capabilities...I own this board for a few months but just started oc'ing last week.

I would like to know how far you guys can go with this board...I've already noticed that the core ferquency is not easy to oc. My system hangs on the slightest change without raising the voltage.

Currently testing it with a very light oc, 635/915. 1.450v on the core and mems on stock voltage. I have the sapphire 256mb.

Guest r3d c0m3t
Hi all! :)

Searching the thread I did not found any info about the x1950xt overclocking capabilities...I own this board for a few months but just started oc'ing last week.

I would like to know how far you guys can go with this board...I've already noticed that the core ferquency is not easy to oc. My system hangs on the slightest change without raising the voltage.

Currently testing it with a very light oc, 635/915. 1.450v on the core and mems on stock voltage. I have the sapphire 256mb.

Hm. Well, judging that the X1950XT is basically a cheaper version of the X1900XT that's had half of it's memory capped, I'd say it should be able to overclock to about 650MHz for the core, maybe a bit higher while using minimal voltage increase. Your memory clock is good enough as is, but you definitely (or should be able to) crank another 15MHz. :)

What are you using to overclock the XT? If you're using ATi Tool, make sure you disable 2D clocks as that'll almost always interfere.

I'm using ATI Tray Tools.

Before ATT I used ATI Tool, which is good but I would be ocing/overvolting my vga 24/7. With ATT I'm able to automatically configure the card to oc only in 3D mode. I like that. Besides, it has all sorts of monitoring graphs and osd and screenshots etc etc...

do you think that running my 1950XT oin lower slot (8x pci-e) would make a big performance drop???

im running it in the second slot to have more clearance for the cpu HSF

i dont think i would hurt that much but i was wondering what you'r thinking???

Guest r3d c0m3t
do you think that running my 1950XT oin lower slot (8x pci-e) would make a big performance drop???

im running it in the second slot to have more clearance for the cpu HSF

i dont think i would hurt that much but i was wondering what you'r thinking???

No, it won't have any impact at all. Whether you seat in a 16x slot, or an 8x slot...not even current cards can take advantage of the bandwidth.

I think the only cards that actually require the full 16 lanes (or 32 for Crossfire/SLI) are those expected for next year.