Sign in to follow this  
omrit

chipset temperature

Hello, I have a Lanparty UP NF4 Ultra-D. My chipset temp reaches 58c and my pwm-ic to 52

I put 2 80mm fans towards the ram and mofsets so I got the pwmic reduced from 62 to 52. Are these temps OK? (I live in a worm place and it can reach 36c-40c air temp)

Thanks!

Hey mate, im from israel as well, its a bit high in my POV, under load i reached about 56 ... and thats without fans on it...

if you want, i found a place selling the ever cool chipste replacment in israel, it costs about 95 nis without shipping... its in raananana... it should lower your temps a lot...

btw, your high temps might be because of bad air flow, try configuring it differently?

Hey mate, im from israel as well, its a bit high in my POV, under load i reached about 56 ... and thats without fans on it...

if you want, i found a place selling the ever cool chipste replacment in israel, it costs about 95 nis without shipping... its in raananana... it should lower your temps a lot...

btw, your high temps might be because of bad air flow, try configuring it differently?

Some small world, I live raanana.... :) (I also live in beer sheva- which explain the high temps). Anyway, I will check the cooling although I don't want to add any coolings unless I have too. My air flow is fair, even if I open the case and put a large fan (ventilator) in front of the pc, the temp drops just to 51... Are these temps dangerous? Do I have to replace the cooling?

dangerous... hmm, no, not really, i lived with them for 6 months without a hickup...

if you ever do decide to replace it, just goto http://www.skak.co.il/

they sell it and some other nice stuff... but again, im a heatAholic. thats the only reason why i baught it :)

omrit,

This is a very good by soundx98; Temps Too High? on keeping the PWMIC, and the MOSFET cool.

For an air cooling rig it will not get any cooler than room ambient temps. Expect the CPU temp to be 10ºC over the room ambient temps. You probably know this.

I set my rig up for maximum cooling. You can try this and if it works for you great.

Go into the BIOS, under PC Health Status and set the:

“CPUfan Fully On…” > 26ºC

and

“NB Fan Fully On…” > 40ºC

I notice that when I do this my whole system seems cooler. If the throttling or noise is bothersome adjust the temp up.

Replacing the chipset fan like Yfital suggested with an Evercool VC-RE is going to help. A lot of people get a 5ºC - 10ºC drop in temp.

Hope it helps.

I used the Big Typhoon too.I think it destroyed the airfliow.

With watercooling I got lower temps without airflow.

Now I am using a TT Sonic Tower.The temps are much better now.

I was wondering about Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II for NF4 SLI expert. But I am not quite sure about the size that should be fit ... anyone suggest?

yea my chipset fan gets little hot as well. itll reach the 51 degree mark. i think alot has to do is my room/location, and my cables in my pc. my IDE cables are kinda in the way of the one 80mm fan that would help cool it down.hmm maybe ill replace it with a better one. always needed to replace my stock fans anyways. :P

Greetings to all. That's my first post. Sorry for the bad english.

I'm from Brazil and here is very hot. In the begining with original chipset fan my temps stay about 50 - 52 º C. I take it off, cleaned ant put some AS5, Temps low 1-2 ºC only. Not good in my opnion.

Them I try the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit. First of all: The VGA card don't fit in the first PCI-E with this chipset cooler. I moved to the 2º PCI-E, no problem until now. The temps low to 40-42º C ::VERY GOOD:: for 20 bucks. BUT... This temps were reached with the cooler in High output and this little one is incredible noise.

I decided install a Corsair Nautilus 500 with chipset waterblock and now my temps in over are CPU 29ºC idle - 34ºC Full and Chipset 36ºC idle - 39º C Full ( with system between 34- 38ºC).

I hope this information be useful.

Physi. (Ricardo)