7800 GT SLI Cooling

Magel

yes theres a diference but the actual load temps that the coolers can produce given the same intake temp are virtually identical. if u set up ur mobo out of the box and switch between coolers with ur ambient temps the same it will produce almost exactly the same temps regardless of cooler. so, the difference is between how the spent and heat saturated air is handled and thats exactly what i said before. if u would take the time to do a controlled experiment then you will come to the same conclusion. also, using a different sink compound or lapping wont change one thing either unless the air inlet and case temps are delt with entirely..then u might be able to record 1/2 a degree difference here and there....not a major factor imo. i personally think that how this goes is most people get home from work or school and start messing with temps and stuff and after theyre done changing heatsinks its late at night and the AC has been turned down and its about *ahem...8 degrees cooler in the house...

Just installed my new GPU coolers and they are great. They are very quiet and keep temps about 5 degrees cooler than before. I would recommend them to anyone thinking of buying them !

BTW there is heaps of clearence between the cooler and the card below.

Real geeks use water or better

LOL, Ive got the CPU water cooled but its only a Big Water cooling system. Does the job though. Throught about getting water cooling for my cards but it seems like more trouble than its worth seeing as how I dont plan on overclocking them anyway. Personal choice I guess.:rolleyes: