Low Temperatures With Aircooling

SuperdogBYC

i have my barton 2500+ oced to 2342Ghz. Cooling it with an slk900a(with 80mm vantec tornado turned all the way up), 2 80mm tornado intake and 1 92mm tornado exhaust. 213x11, 1.85 vcore, my asus probe is reading a 29'C idle and a 33'C load(prime95 for 12 hrs). Are my temperatures possible? cos i have read many posts saying they are getting 40-45 load temps, with similar setups.

Specs:

Barton 2500+ @ 3200+ 2342Mhz

asus a7n8x deluxe mobo Rev 2

corsair twinx512 pc3200 llpt series

aspire turbo 520w psu

3 80mm + 92mm Tornados

Radeon 9600 pro

Maxtor 7200rpm uata 133 8mb cache 60gb

Samsung cdrw/dvd combo

philips 52x cd drive

Edited by SuperdogBYC

Well, I personally think it could be possible. I've got my 2500barton @ 2.4ghz with 400fsb at 1.675v with a max load temp. of 34c. I've got an slk-900a with a ttscf2 on it. If I lapped my hs it might even run cooler. I'm taking my temps with mbm5 and a probe next to the core. Maybe I just got a good oc'ing cpu though.

Well, I personally think it could be possible. I've got my 2500barton @ 2.4ghz with 400fsb at 1.675v with a max load temp. of 34c. I've got an slk-900a with a ttscf2 on it. If I lapped my hs it might even run cooler. I'm taking my temps with mbm5 and a probe next to the core. Maybe I just got a good oc'ing cpu though.

are you using a 3rd party device confirming those temps or just mobo and mbm5?? What is the temp in your house?? Didn't think those temps were possible with air cooling. :blink:

are you using a 3rd party device confirming those temps or just mobo and mbm5?? What is the temp in your house?? Didn't think those temps were possible with air cooling. :blink:

yeah its possible, my temps are really low as well.... not got MBM open jsut now so couldnt give you an exact reading but ambient temp plays a big part in your temp of your computer... the temp in my rooms normally fairly low which keeps my case and cpu temps in check.

Yea stew but MBM just follows your mobo probes. You need a 3rd party device such as digi doc 5 or hardcano 11, etc. THey have seperate temp probes attached to the unit. That will give you a more accurate temp of your system. But agreed yes if your system temps are down tremendously (which is affected by your room temps) then the processor temps will be a little bit less.

I believe it too...

I'm seeing load temps now of 37C-38C w/ my SP-94 and Tornado. This all on my 2.8 @ 3.51 w/ stock voltage. I've never seen temps higher than 38C, it's normally around 36C-37C. This is all measured w/ my digidoc 5 so the temps are accurate.