Need Help, nfa U-D and first pciex that don't go at 16

My friend has a problem with his DFI, NF4 U-D, the moterboard don't Boot. When turn on, the boot stop it with a long beep and 3 led turn on and one flash.

If put GPU on the second pciex the mother board boot, the mobo boot also if he put the gpu on first slot and put all video jumper at 2-3 but so the gpu go only at 8x

When put a 1-2, 16x for GPU, don' boot.

He just changed a mobo, but it has the same problem.

I try all my component (cpu, gpu, power supplies, ram) into his mobo, but that don't resolve the problem.

Anyone has this problem ?

Please help us

My SyStem is on my sign from post #4

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

when the system don't boot i have 3 leds on and 1 flashing for 20 second about, after 2 leds torn off and remain only one leds turn on and a long beep.

I changed ram, but the same.

3 leds is a ram problem, but at 8x the system boot perfectly, with same ram ?!?!?!?

excuse me, now I have in sign the PC with problem

According to your recently created sig. you are running an Enermax 460W power supply. That psu is not a recommended hardware choice for an NF4 motherboard.

It is probably under amped on the 12V rail (ranging maybe from 18-20A) if you're lucky. Your overall wattage is also low for an NF4 rig.

As LB has already pointed out, you need to closely follow the build guide to eliminate a whole host of potential problems before you even fire up the p/c for the first time.

Hi!

Thank you for the advices i acted following the procedure over indicated but i have not solved the problem, the problem was in the video card a very strange problem it works only by slot 2x 8x. :confused: :confused:

Bye :)

Hi!

Thank you for the advices i acted following the procedure over indicated but i have not solved the problem, the problem was in the video card a very strange problem it works only by slot 2x 8x :confused:

bye :)