Please help me to use Tmod CD

Hi,

I have read such good things about Tmod's CD, that I would like to use it. So I downloaded ver 7.0, unrared it, burned the iso file to a CD.

When I opened the CD, I found .BM1, .EZB, .IMA, .IMG files, and a few others. The .txt file was blank.

My problem is that I do not know how to put those files into use. Clicking on them only brings up a message that windows cannot open them.

Please tell me what I have to do to open those files so that I can use them. Particularly those dealing with BIOSes for the DFI Lanparty nF3 Ultra-D.

Many thanks

roystont5038

Tmod's CD is designed to work outside an operating system, and therefore it's bootable.

Enter BIOS set CD as first booting device. Post the system with the CD and it will boot up the utility.

If you intend to flash to a new bios, I suggest you clear CMOS and load optimized default before you start up with the CD. Don't forget to follow Tmod's instruction about clearing CMOS and how to do it after a successful flash.

Flashing a BIOS has become easy, but since we're working with a very complex BIOS don't run through it; be patient and you'll avoid a lot of unpleasant annoyances.

Hi,

Many thanks. Did'nt know that.

I had tried to update to the C19 Bios, it installed, but the computer would not run on it.

I also tried to update to the 824 bios and still the computer would not run on it.

I had done all the clearing of CMOS, and loading of optimised defaults etc. Seems like I can only run the 711 bios on which it is rock solid.

That is why I am interested in TMOD CD just in case it may be able to help me update the bios so that I can confidently upgrade the CPU to the X2 4800+.

Roystont5038.