Coolermaster Case fan direction question

Hi,

I just upgraded to a coolermaster 810 case. Lots of room and lots of fans.

It has 2 120 mm fans in the back.

I've changed-out these fans for high CFM, thermally controlled (Thermaltake SmartFan II).

Since I have my memory overvolted and they run hot when I'm running hard, I have the thermal sensors tucked into the memory stick heat spreaders.

I've changed-out the door fan for the same fan and it's thermal sensor is on the hottest PWM IC FET heatsink.

When I'm running hard, these fans all rev up to full -- loud.

I think that I can get better cooling and less noise if I reverse the bottom case fan so that would blow directly across the top of the MB at my 2 hot spots (memory and PWM area). I'd add a filter to the fan so that I'm not blowing dust across everything.

Is this a good idea or is there something that I'm missing?

Well if the proof is in the pudding (sorry, I know that's horrible) then I say give it a shot and see what it does to your temps. You may want to add a fan in the front if you haven't already done so that way the intake/output is the same. Let us know what happens though!

Blowing air over hot components will always work more efficient than trying to pull the air away. I would face all the fans blowing into the case, your PSU can exhaust it fine.

many of us have fans blowing over our MB an chipset areas an also directly on our ram. you cant really move too mcuh air around your case so just arrange your fans how you are going to get best cooling for your parts

I take it back. The cross flow from the back vent fan seems to have actually cut down on the cooling from the door fan at my memory and lets it overheat on long prime runs. Switching back. I may need to add another door fan or go from a 120mm to an even bigger fan in the door (or stop overvolting my memory quite as much :)).

I would go for a 140mm in the door, if the 120 isn't enough, but it should be. If your rear fan was causing too much crossflow, try using it as an exhaust with the other fans blowing into the case.