Sign in to follow this  
Freezer26

After the Evercool install...

Heya everyone,

Haven't posted on the street for a bit now, been working to damn hard. Finally got the Twinkling VGA cooler for the stock DFI chipset cooler replacement. Some of you may have remembered my mod I did awhile back that used the ICEBERQ 4 Fan in the stock DFI HS. Well I decided to change mainly because of the copper HS on the Evercool. Sure am glad I did.

With my modded one the highest it ever got to was 47C from what I remember. But after the install of the Evercool it took them down quite a bit more as you can see HERE, this is with Prime running for over 14 hours. Pretty incredable what the difference is and about 2mm more clearance than the stock one, from the PCI-E card.

So thanks A_G for this and maybe you can get DFI to just install thse on their boards now anyways...(yea right..lol) Having all my temps max out at 40C is nice. Lookin at gettin a Dual Core Opteron here pretty soon. So will be back to update.

-Freez

Nice....i just put soem as5 on mine.....

the problem is not temps though....It;s too loud

and too warm on low...

so my question is how loud is the evercool fan over the stock fan??

Nice....i just put soem as5 on mine.....

the problem is not temps though....It;s too loud

and too warm on low...

so my question is how loud is the evercool fan over the stock fan??

Naw man this thing is alot more quiet, only max's out at about 5200rpm's and the stock one does about 7500, I mean you can hear the evercool but only if its on all the way, and it isn't half as loud as the stock one by any means.

-Freez

Guest caffeinejunkie

my network switch droans out the chipset at max so it's pretty quiet especially compared to stock. I like the VC-RE it looks better then stock and it dropped a good 10c off my load.

gonna order it tommorrow as well as soem better case fans = )

so lazy to install it tho lol gotta take out my board and redo 1/2 of my cable management = (

just got one on friday, now i just need to recieve my freaking psu so i can see what i fried in the proccess :} very easy to install, looks solid and nice...

just be carefull not to slip while mounting... it can flyyyyyyy

ahh i did a lot of things, opened my water block, changed wires, cable managmet, removed the stock cooler from my GTX, im sure i did something bad ? ^_^

My chipset temp never gets over 40 now at load, before it was getting upto 49 +. I only have mine on half speed aswell. Though the installation was a bit tricky it was well worth the effort. :)