Sign in to follow this  
aisthima

IRQ test/DMI Pool verification HANG!

Just an update.

The rig has been rock solid since I got it to boot. Still haven't worked with the corrupt BIOS chip yet, I'm afraid to try to get a new one because I have the sinking feeling I'm going to get totally ripped off.

I'll say it again though. On this 430 watt power supply, I pass all stress tests and play any game rock solid. So don't even start with the crap about the PSU not being sufficient -- you've been proven wrong.

So, can anyone shed some light on what I'm up against to get a new BIOS chip? The fact there's a chip puller included with the mobo is kind of a good sign to me, but you never know.

Tmod sells pre-flashed BIOS chips at a reasonable price. There's even a contest to give some away. All you have to do is order one, yank the old chip with the puller, probably clear the CMOS for a while, pop in the new one, enter BIOS, load optimized defaults, then save and exit.

As for the PSU, I'm sure you know already that these boards are anything but ordinary, and as such, they have higher power demands. I'm not particularly fond of any Thermaltake PSU (except for the new 750w ToughPower, that one looks nice :D), but hey, it's your machine. Do what you want with it. Going around with that attitude though may not sit well with other forum members/staff though. You asked for help, don't just blow it off ;). The board IS made for overclocking, so everything is geared towards as such. If you're just going to run at stock speeds, any other board probably would work fine.

Also, I noticed that you have value RAM in that board. Value memory has a history of not playing well on the LAN Party motherboards. Have you tried running Memtest86+ on it?

I'll say it again though. On this 430 watt power supply, I pass all stress tests and play any game rock solid. So don't even start with the crap about the PSU not being sufficient -- you've been proven wrong.

i beg to differ

give it some time and you will realize that ps dont cut it

get yourself a ocz gamextream 700 and you be more than fine

that TT dont have enuf on the 12 rail