Sign in to follow this  
jo2jo

Sil 3114 controller drivers.

i had so many probs with my last expert board that i bought a new one.

everything works great including my nvidia raid0 but i can NEVER get anything to come up on the sil controller. i've read all the threads about the drivers but when i point windows to the folder of the sil drivers stupid thing says it still cant find the drivers.

THIS HAS BEEN TRIED ON AN EXISISTNIG INSTALL AND A BRAND NEW FRESH REFORMAT AND INSTALL OF WIN XP.

what is the deal? anyone?

I have a raid 0 config with 2 driver and then one non raid drive. Device manager sees "raid controller" but has a ? mark due to drivers.

Setting the bios to SATA will let me see all the drives in the bios, it even lets be boot from one till i get to the point where i choose which windows install to boot from, from the disk. I get a BSOD if i try to boot..but as i said booting is not what i want from the sil controller, i just want to be able to see my a raid0 array on it.

thanks

Beat me to it there Ace, I was just going to paste in the link. Whenever you can use the most recent drivers from the actual manufacture of the device.

I have...these were the drivers that i VERY first used.

Using the logic u guys outlined in the post above this.

HOw should i install them? all i could do was right click on the .ini file and install it like that.

I don't understand why you can't just load them the way you would any other driver, but since you've tried that and it doesn't seem to be working, here is an alternative...

Do a repair install of Windows. Press F6 when prompted then load the drivers from the disk when prompted. In case you've never done a repair install, you don't lose any information, it just reinstalls the system files.

I have the same problem. I got the drivers from the mobo CD, DFI driver site, and the Silicon... site and keep getting the "?" by the RAID controller in Device Mgr. :confused: I finally gave up and use the nVida ports. Which port are concidered "better"?

i had so many probs with my last expert board that i bought a new one.

everything works great including my nvidia raid0 but i can NEVER get anything to come up on the sil controller. i've read all the threads about the drivers but when i point windows to the folder of the sil drivers stupid thing says it still cant find the drivers.

THIS HAS BEEN TRIED ON AN EXISISTNIG INSTALL AND A BRAND NEW FRESH REFORMAT AND INSTALL OF WIN XP.

what is the deal? anyone?

I have a raid 0 config with 2 driver and then one non raid drive. Device manager sees "raid controller" but has a ? mark due to drivers.

Setting the bios to SATA will let me see all the drives in the bios, it even lets be boot from one till i get to the point where i choose which windows install to boot from, from the disk. I get a BSOD if i try to boot..but as i said booting is not what i want from the sil controller, i just want to be able to see my a raid0 array on it.

thanks

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/suppor...&ctid=2&osid=4&

you want (xp) http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3114r5_x86_1430_logo.zip

im running on the fact (xp) that you have set raid correctly (setup) bios) format etc..

default when you set that controller to raid - it goes and uses raid5 drivers not the raid drivers... sil 3114 even if you not using raid 5.

download + unzip

go to driver ? is system setup (search for driver - removal all patch except for - and point to the unzip raid 5 path.

windows will find the correct drivers and install them? (p.s back up work)

i kept looking (cd) for raid drivers for sil 3114 but it.... wanted the raid 5 drivers....

i thaugh that raid drivers for sil 3114 for stripe 0 etc and raid 5 drivers for raid 5 setups...

NO.... RAID 5 DRIVERS FOR ALL.?

I have...these were the drivers that i VERY first used.

Using the logic u guys outlined in the post above this.

HOw should i install them? all i could do was right click on the .ini file and install it like that.

Paste the folder containing the drivers you need on your desktop (i.e. winxpraid I think is the name).

Right click on My Computer, select manage, then go to the device manager. Find the SiI controller, right click on it and click update driver, then give it the path to the folder on your desktop....should work fine.

At least thats how I've done it for Non-Raid.

BTW, make SURE you have it set to SATA Raid in the Bios, and that your array is created before you try loading the drivers. It might not see anytihng otherwise.