why is no one talking about this PSU!?

I had a coolmax crap..the one with the 120mm fan.

I should not say crap bc it served me really well for about 9 mo. on a sli-dr board with 3 graphics cards, 5 serious fans, 4 HDs and a x2 3800 at 1.56 vcore at 2.49ghz. 26 hour dual p95 stable too.

i run this machine 24/7 btw

i would monitor the rails with a v meter and idle it on 12v (i consider the most accurate, important) 12.05...under load it woudl drop to 11.9 some times as low as 11.85.

i got a pretty hard core water cooling set up and maybe another drive and then some times the psu would just shut off after like 2 or 3 days of use.

i re read a ton of reviews and posts and stats and came across this

Akasa Power Plus 650w server class. amazing stats, extreme ocin'g custom psu testing rig could not move this thing.

anyway now my machine is pulling alot more, 8 HD's 9 fans, 1.67 vcore on the x2 and 2 x 7300 gforce cards now and the rails always stay pinned at 12.23-12.17

im sure some one else will post the stats on this psu since im lazy to pull them up. but what do u ppl think of this psu? anyone else have one? i can find any mention of them anywhere in the forums or in the huge PSU thread.

joe

yea the fan is kinda loud..i need to swap out my board tomorrow (got water on it..eek) and i may do some cutting to the psu case and add some more fans. but the Psu is Server eps and the fan is amazing how closly it is to the loads..it adjusts to the temp and i always shove 2 thermal probes into the grate on my psu to monitor the temp on the front, and this one is 29-31c and my old one was ~45c at load...not a good comparision but im not worried about heat..just the noise which i dont like either :(

Its a clone of this psu Silverstone ST65ZF I know silverstone have made a revision to give better load balance ST65ZF Revisions i'm not sure what akasa have done, i did see a month or so ago a store that was specifying ver 2.

They are good psus but have had some issues early on with running crossfire, largely due to the initial distribution of the 12v rails to the gfx cards. the revision in the link above should correct this.

luck :)