Buying a new WC for a new system need help

Ok im buying a new WC for my new RIG.

I want something with high performance, noiseless.

VGA block - DD - Tyee 125 usd

CPU block - Copper TDX Block for Athlon64 754/939/940 53 usd (silver block worth it for that price?)

Reservoir - Danger Den Dual 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir 32 usd

Radiators - ThermoChill HE120.3 or this one Thermochill PA120.2

Pump ? dont know wich one.

I will use the Radiator on the top of my case (best spot for fit)

3/8 tubbing? or 1/2 ?

Advice? tips?

Thanks in advance

I agree with SeanDude05. The silver block is not worth the price. Stick with the copper TDK block. If you have the space, go with 1/2" ID tubing. It will give you better flow and therefore better cooling.

In terms of what pump to use, it depends if you want internal or external. I use the CPS-MAG because it is very quiet and small. In reality, you can't go wrong with any of the pumps DangerDen offers.

why are vga blocks so expensive?

because your getting a full coverage block. if you would go for the maze4 it doesnt cover the mem on the vid only the core but is only $40. me personally i have a MCW60 from swiftech on my 7900GT and some ramsinks and it runs fine. Full coverage is nice but a bit expensive.

The silver tdx is not worth it. grab the regular ole tdx with either the acrylic top or brass and you'll be fine. most get the acrylic top though.

The HE series from thermochill is designed for high CFM fans 100+. the PA series is designed more for low speed fans. i highly recommend the PA120.2/3 if you want silence. the fans are your decision. I prefer Yate Loons D12SL-12 Found Here

For the pump check out the Laing D5 which is the DD-D5. great pump and the speed is adjustable. the 50z is also a nice choice for a pump, it very low heat dump. Red.Sky has two for sale in a fs/ft thread.

Use 1/2" connections then go to mcmaster.com and search for 5233K44. its 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing. its used quite a bit on 1/2" barbs because it gives a very snug fit plus its the same OD as 3/8" tubing so space is not an issue. that and compared to tygon its only $0.38/ft. the only downside to it is depending on your barbs you may have to heat it up to get it over the barbs. I usually just grab a pyrex measuring cup and heat up some water in the microwave for 3 min. dip the tubing in it and it turns to rubber and slides right over. hasnt failed yet.

Might i also suggest either getting the snap on clamps from Danger Den or some worm drive clamps from your local hw store. worm drive clamps will give you a secure fit as they are screwed down.

If you have any questions feel free to pm.

yeah, you don't really need to spend the money on a silver tdx. I'd personally take the apogee over the the tdx. the storm rev 2 would be better though if you're willing to spend the $

go with 1/2" ID tubing, you'll get less restriction and more flow that way. Actually I prefer 7/16" ID tubing because it gives a more uniform loop ID (barbs are 1/2" OD not ID) I use masterkleer 7/16" ID and 5/8" OD tubing and it works very well and is cheap.

for a pump go with a DD D5/Swiftech MCP655 (same pump) it's probably the best 12v pump on the market right now and it's very quiet. voyermods has them on sale for $65

Check to see which one of those thermochills is optimized for lower cfm fans. Otherwise you will have to put high flow fans on which equal high noise. There are some really good quiet 120's called the scythe s-flex fans. Look them up.

Check to see which one of those thermochills is optimized for lower cfm fans. Otherwise you will have to put high flow fans on which equal high noise. There are some really good quiet 120's called the scythe s-flex fans. Look them up.

the PA series from thermochill is produced more for low noise low cfm fans.

Doesn't someone on this forum work for Danger Den?

cpukiller