Sign in to follow this  
Andrew_e1

uhh,my power led flashing...

Hey,

Well normally I dont look at the leds on the front of my case but today i turned my head down and noticed that the power led was normal, then it when bright...did that a few times like flashing but then it stayed like always...

Should I be concerned? I dont think its a power issue since ive primed my pc for hours and havent seen it happen.....

I already checked the connections and they are fine...

any thoughts?

well i havent noticed any other symptons...

voltages are fine and all...

ive seen it like twice now, the computer is idle...

Do you have your pc plugged into a surge protector ? If you don't, you should. It's cheap insurance. Get a DVM and check out the 12V rail on a spare molex connector to see how stable your 12V rail is. If you are getting very large fluctuations, it may indeed be the psu.

Do you have your pc plugged into a surge protector ? If you don't, you should. It's cheap insurance. Get a DVM and check out the 12V rail on a spare molex connector to see how stable your 12V rail is. If you are getting very large fluctuations, it may indeed be the psu.

yes i do, in fact, its a UPS...

Hey,

Well normally I dont look at the leds on the front of my case but today i turned my head down and noticed that the power led was normal, then it when bright...did that a few times like flashing but then it stayed like always...

Should I be concerned? I dont think its a power issue since ive primed my pc for hours and havent seen it happen.....

I already checked the connections and they are fine...

any thoughts?

If this is any indicator of what's happening on my rig, then your problems are just starting. My power LED started flashing a few weeks ago, not long after I upgrade to the 6-04 BIOS using winflash. Now when I boot, my PC shuts down either before POST, during POST or right after, during the windows startup screen. I'll I've done lately is update the BIOS, installed a floppy and a 250 gig SATA II WD HDD.

Quick question, what BIOS are you running?

ummm i think im running the TMODs 704bta bios or w/e...but i flashed using the cd, not winflash...

odd thing is it apparently only happens when the computer is idle...

Andrew, your psu may be suspect. Have you put a dvm across a free molex to measure the stability of your 12V rail ??

Andrew, your psu may be suspect. Have you put a dvm across a free molex to measure the stability of your 12V rail ??

dvm? is that like a voltage meter?

ive got one.....should i put it on any molex?

You may have a conflictive setting for power management between Windows and the BIOS.

Post your PM settings here to see if any of them are amiss.

You may have a conflictive setting for power management between Windows and the BIOS.

Post your PM settings here to see if any of them are amiss.

mmm well its the optimized defaults....defaults....I just have kool n quiet disabled...