3 - dram configuration

any other suggestion

thanx

bye

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI INC Doesn't support mobiles, but they did go a little out of their way to make sure that they work in the boards. dfi-street members are fully supportive of using a mobile in your NF3 250GB. :)

For the bios, I would start with the 623 official. Mobiles will boot with their lowest multiplier (4X) and will also set a default Vcore of .9 so these options will have to be set manually in the bios.

DRAM config shouldn't change much from what you are using now.

I would use a Bolt-through heatsink such as the Zalmans or the Big Typhoon.

DFI INC Doesn't support mobiles, but they did go a little out of their way to make sure that they work in the boards. dfi-street members are fully supportive of using a mobile in your NF3 250GB. :)

For the bios, I would start with the 623 official. Mobiles will boot with their lowest multiplier (4X) and will also set a default Vcore of .9 so these options will have to be set manually in the bios.

DRAM config shouldn't change much from what you are using now.

I would use a Bolt-through heatsink such as the Zalmans or the Big Typhoon.

i undervolt in the bios at first boot?

and about a vapochill or a silent water thermaltake ?

Thanx for these suggestions

i undervolt in the bios at first boot?

and about a vapochill or a silent water thermaltake ?

Thanx for these suggestions

No. The board will default to low multiplier and VCore. You have to manually set proper multi and voltage. And, by the way, forget Cool n' Quiet.

No. The board will default to low multiplier and VCore. You have to manually set proper multi and voltage. And, by the way, forget Cool n' Quiet.

Capt Proton off topic but what vcore you running ?

ok thanx

flashed yesterday to bios 6/23/05

and about heatsink ?

can i try (only for first boot) the amd stock heatsink of my 2800+ ??

thanx

received now teh cpu !!!

AMN3700BKX5BU

CABHE 0508UPMW

i ask can i try first installation with amd heatsink stock of my a64 2800+ or i buy a another heatsik ?

thanx

You will be wasting your time and effort, because sooner or later you'll have to buy a new HSF and re-install, and in that process you run into the risk of braking the cpu.

yes i have buyed a Arctic Cooling Freezer64 Pro that comes monday

yesterday i try with amd heatsink but for me cannot touch the cpu

and the temp climb to 81°C in bios with core voltage @ 0,9 aftter few minutes

i wait for new heatsink and i try with it

thanx bye

hi

i'am waiting for a newark a64 mobile 3700+ on my dfi nf3250gb

i ask to forum for suggestions :

1 - bios to install

I tried both 05/04 and 6/23 when clocking my 4000+. Here's what I found.

06/23 - best stability with non-stock multipliers

05/04 - better general overclocking, and better clocking with TCCD

When I figured this out, I tried 4 configurations:

10x306, 3060MHz, 2.5-4-3-10-2T, 2.8v on 6/23

11x277, 3047MHz, 2.5-4-3-10-1T, 2.7v on 6/23

12x255, 3060MHz, 2.5-3-3-10-1T, 2.7v on 6/23

13x235, 3055MHz, 2.0-2-2-10-1T, 2.8v on 05/04

CPU at 1.5v in all cases.

As you can see, 2-2-2-10-1T at 235MHz is quite aggressive, and was only possible on the 05/04 BIOS. However multipliers other than 13 caused instability on this BIOS, and the other options provided better performance.

Best performance was at 10x306, but it required DIMM voltage of 2.8v and chipset voltage of 1.7v. Next best was 11x277 - this is the highest my ram would run at 2.7v, so I settled on this.

I also clocked the system up to a max of:

CPU 13x247, 3211MHz, 1.605v

RAM 1:1, 247MHz, 2.5-3-2-10-1T, 2.8v

on 05/04 BIOS

and

CPU 10x321, 3210MHz, 1.605v

RAM 9:10, 288MHz, 2.5-4-3-10-2T, 2.8v

on 6/23 BIOS

However, due to the high voltages I chose to keep the lower 11x277 setting.

>3070 was what I call the "break out point" - where I had to increase voltage exponentially to get the chip to remain stable. At this point I needed 1.55v (and extra 0.05v) just to run stable at 12x256, 3072MHz.

2 - heatsink to install
While I now use watercooling, I would reccomend the Scythe Ninja or Big Typhoon for the lowest temperatures on air. However the Freezer 64 is a good option - probably 4-5 degrees higher than the latter two.

I also reccomend replacing the fan on either unit with a Thermaltake A2368 / Thunderblade, Papst 4412 or Antec Tricool (I use the TT A2368). These provided 5-10 degrees better performance in any given situation.

3 - dram configuration
I like OCZ Platinum EL 3200 Rev2 v1.0 (TCCD). This stuff is now dirt cheap (I got mine for C$129) and a guaranteed performer. Try and get the 1.0 version of this stuff - v1.1 is TCC5, and despite many who would argue, I have both, and the TCCD has performed better clock-for-clock. Also remember to keep the voltage low - you only need 2.7-2.8v to make this stuff tick.

any other suggestion
I would almost say that you need to buy the MSI Mobile Pad - it basically acts as an IHS for your naked mobile core, and will let you install basically any heatsink you want on the chip without fear of damage. I got mine directly through MSI (https://shop.msicomputer.com/App/StoreFront...il.aspx?ID=1021) for $9.99 (!) and it's really quote good quality, with a smooth, flat base. Works with the Big Typhoon, too.

thanx
You're welcome...:cool: