That's It!

CmpFreak88

I've been pondering this computer problem for a long while. Unfortunately, my computer locks up. My setup is in my signature. Now, the computer doesn't lock up when it's in an idle state, but when I play a game or use some other program, after a while, my computer either locks up, or the computer stops, shows a blue screen for a brief moment, and then restarts. I've tried many many things including memory, video card, and LAN, and none of them seem to be the problem, but I could be mistaken. I'm hoping I'm wrong but another thing I think might be it is that when I overclocked, I might have done something to the CPU. I am open to any suggestions! This problem has been bothering me for quite a while and I cannot remember when it started. It gets a little frustrating when you're in the middle of something and it just restarts! Thanks in Advance!

Edited by CmpFreak88

It could be a number of things...how high did you OC it? What were your temps then? How high did you up your Vcore before you backed down? HOw fast did you OC? Is the Corsair mem the XMS or regular? What is your FSB?

2 GIGs...isn't that a bit excessive.....one of your mem chips could be bad and giving your problems. Try testing each one by itself.

I overclocked it only 200 Mhz (Up to 2.6Ghz) up over 2 days, I got my VCore up from default 2.5 to 2.65 and my temps got up to a high of 65. My memory is Regular but I already tested the memory individually and all are fine. My current FSB is at 133 with an 18X multiplier bringing me to a 2394 Mhz. And the 3 Gigs are for video editing, I built this system when I was making my own short movies and editing and putting it all on DVD.

**Well, I was in the middle of playing Diablo II and it keeps stopping that game too! It gave me another fault and stopped the game and restarted... My computer is giving me too much crap!**

Edited by CmpFreak88

Hey, thanks for all the good advice, but none of it seems to be helping. I did what hardwarefreak said, and I came to nothing, With only the basics, I seem to be having the same problem, and I doubt, though it is possible, that it's a psu problem, but how would I go about making sure that's the problem? Thanks in advance.