Help needed! New Expert board.

Thank you guys for your advice but I’m not looking for booting up that thing or something neither I need a suggestion on how to plug in the power connectors to the board! In case you didn’t read the posts before I’m running stable @ 3000G now! I only wanted to know what the max voltage on the FX60 would be! Thanks anyway! :cool:

my cpu 4800- save max .15 v more from default (still checking)

their afe different revision of the fx60 iv seen 2 cpu (fx60,s)with diff voltage defaults.

1 new and 1 older (by 2 months)

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_ty..._docs/30430.pdf

it only list fx 57 and down cant finf fx 60 white papers?

above that your on your own

1.35 (4800) 1.5 total max (rec 1.45 safe limits) with specs after that 1.55 with good cooling (water cooling) min.

see amd websit white papers on cpu fx60 it will tell you max upper voltage of chip and safe margine of operation.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ ISSA, What difference does it make. Maybe in your situation, not having a EPS 2.0 compliant PSU you can't run the floppy power connector, and only have a the P4 4 pin. Obniously that caused you some issues. Spent 6 months getting your rig to the point you could actually use it, meanwhile I have a been using mine the whole time. With the floppy power hooked up, 8 pin, older bios, etc.

These things you have come up with are not facts, they are just what worked for you. So why are you arguing with people like you are now an expert on the expert board.

@ ISSA, What difference does it make. Maybe in your situation, not having a EPS 2.0 compliant PSU you can't run the floppy power connector, and only have a the P4 4 pin. Obniously that caused you some issues. Spent 6 months getting your rig to the point you could actually use it, meanwhile I have a been using mine the whole time. With the floppy power hooked up, 8 pin, older bios, etc.

These things you have come up with are not facts, they are just what worked for you. So why are you arguing with people like you are now an expert on the expert board.

my bigest problem was - the nvidia ide drives.

when i rip 4 dvd o to 4 hdd the system would lock up...

(same hardware via board) no problem...

found that writing to the 1 ide hdd did it. change to pc ide driver for that hdd fix it..

the other problem, was the dual cpu fix (problem would come up after 4+ hours), idle ot not. thats now fix. xpluncher fix it -

hot fix help but did not remove problem.

again the via board + same 4800 did not have that problem..

I kind of let the numbers tell me while keeping an eye on temps. If I had a processor that scaled 100MHz for every 0.02V increase and then all of a sudden it takes 0.05 to make another jump I know I'm at the end for that chip regardless how low the temperatures are.

I kind of let the numbers tell me while keeping an eye on temps. If I had a processor that scaled 100MHz for every 0.02V increase and then all of a sudden it takes 0.05 to make another jump I know I'm at the end for that chip regardless how low the temperatures are.

Thats just the way the toledo cores act... usually, about 300-400mhz goes without much of a prob, low vcore changes, anytinh above that takes huge leaps ; it sucks :|