Sign in to follow this  
old_geekster

[RESOLVED]GOOD READ...HE GOT FIXED... Dis-enchanted!! Cold boot issue

OG, that is some awesome news. Hate to say "I told you so", but isn't OCZ the greatest?! And yes, definitely check out the Saitek Eclipse (the original) keyboard. It has actually made me put away my Logitec wireless keyboard, and I USED to think that was the greatest keyboard ever made.

Thanks, wevs. I don't mind having my nose rubbed in my mis-givings.:rolleyes:

Yes, OCZ, is the best, as you stated. However, if you read my post about "OCZ's customer service rep", he is the reason I am getting the new PSU. This guy simply does not quit until every avenue has been exhausted.

If everyone here is correct, the new PSU should help solve my problem. I know David Hammocks told me that it was my problem many moons ago. Hopefully, he was correct. I respectt his judgement.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress of my situation.

Yes, definitely keep us posted. And after you get that new PSU installed, the new Saitek Eclipse keyboard, run out to "Wally World" and snap you up BF2 and come play some games!

There's a whole thread here at the Street dedicated to BF2 and the POE expansion pack.

Cheers.

p.s. you are getting an excellent power supply with that GameXStream series. You WILL be happy.

Yes, definitely keep us posted. And after you get that new PSU installed, the new Saitek Eclipse keyboard, run out to "Wally World" and snap you up BF2 and come play some games!

There's a whole thread here at the Street dedicated to BF2 and the POE expansion pack.

Cheers.

p.s. you are getting an excellent power supply with that GameXStream series. You WILL be happy.

Thanks for the invite. I'll keep that in mind.

I have never played games on-line. I guess I don't want to play and remove any doubt as to how terrible I am.:cool:

Well, I received my new upgraded "600GXSSLI" PSU this morning.:) I will begin the rebuild process this evening.

The first thing that I will have to decided is where to place all of the cables. This is the most difficult part of the building process for me; never having done it before this time.

Keep your fingers crossed that everything works.

Here I sit with $1,800 tied up in my new fantastic gaming rig and I am typing this post on my 6 year old HP that everyone runs-down because they are not up-to-par. Is that a bit ironic?

SNAP! my system is down waiting for parts back.. LONG LIVE HP lol

as for the eclipse.. love mine, but its got a noisey space bar! anyone elses lke that ? :)

Nope, mine is fairly quiet, but it's still almost brand new too :)

I'm truly in love with mine, if durability and longevity hold out it will go into my record books as one of the finest keyboards I've ever used.

I have now unpacked my new 600GXSSLI PSU. I decided not to begin doing my build tonight, but wait until I am fresh tomorrow.

I do have some initial observations, however.

First, I have to say the 600GXS is not as impressive as the Powerstream 520W. It, the Powerstream, looked like it was built for a fashion show, with its beautiful shiny finish. The GXS is more plain and business like.

Second, the Powerstream had two fans, 80mm I believe. The 600GXS has one gigantic 120mm fan. It looks like the case will lift-off when it starts. Hope not!

Third, the cables on the Powerstream were built for stout. Too stout for my taste. It was difficult to get them to bend easily. The cables on the 600GXS are far more flexible. The sleeves don't appear to be the best, however. Also, there are 6 SATA power connectors. There are 3 to a single cable. I am not sure how well this will allow for concealing them when connected. I guess I will know soon.

Last, but not least, I am glad to have the extra watts. I believe the additional 80W will make a difference in perfoarmance. Any way, I hope so!!:)

the Powerstream, looked like it was built for a fashion show, with its beautiful shiny finish.

Until you got that first scratch in that shiny finish and wished it was a little more plain. LOL

A couple of thoughts? Opinions? Some facts? How in hale would a MS red-nake know shett anyway?

Not going to write all I had in mind to write. Just hit the tops of a couple of things...form over fashion is it for me...and dating me for sure is the refrain from the old song..."get you an ugly woman", because she can do more than just look good...cooking is nice...and from my own background in racing...trailer queens never did impress me beyond the fact they were cute and someone had spent a ton to impress folks...got a clue where this is going? Me neither...

OG...there is a PCI-E 6 pin power cable labeled #1...use IT if you must power a video card. Do not use PCI-E #2 to power only a single video card. Load balancing is a must with multi-rail power supplies and is one reason I am not overly interested in the modular supplies since the trailer queens leave un-hooked too many cables and load balancing can bite the booty...If you don't use sata then make sure you load at least one molex on each of the other supply cables coming from the power supply...you will like the outcome much better. Oh my gawd RGone...that means I cannot make a trailer queen of my exquisetely detailed rig...oh well...form over fashion for me...heck I like working and not chasing my booty around the park...

That GEX600 watter is an awesome power supply...I will not even tell you how much I have powered with that thing during beta testing...load balancing was the key then and so too now...

RGone...as always...:confused:

Yeah RGone, my thoughts exactly - although for some strange reason mine came out in far fewer words... and also bizarrely involving less trailer trash & hooker references (i've shocked myself with that really - i must be getting old ;o) Then again - it's still morning in your neck of the woods, and i'm no morning person myself, haha

Anyways, it's really easy to overload the rails if you aren't thinking about what you're doing. I mean, obviously the connectors are labelled for a reason - and it does matter. OG, try and balance your load as well as possible - and i'm sure your power related problems will just seem like a bad dream ;o)

Yep you guys are 6 hours ahead of me at all times...hehehehe. I skype with a Manchesterite...often so the 6 hours is imbedded in my brain...or somewhere...

RGone...

Yeah RGone, my thoughts exactly - although for some strange reason mine came out in far fewer words... and also bizarrely involving less trailer trash & hooker references (i've shocked myself with that really - i must be getting old ;o) Then again - it's still morning in your neck of the woods, and i'm no morning person myself, haha

Anyways, it's really easy to overload the rails if you aren't thinking about what you're doing. I mean, obviously the connectors are labelled for a reason - and it does matter. OG, try and balance your load as well as possible - and i'm sure your power related problems will just seem like a bad dream ;o)

Here's another vote for the Saitek Eclipse. They are absolutely awesome keyboards, with good feedback on the keys and a nice "feel" to them. Once my nephew tried mine, he ditched his Zboard and bought the Saitek. I've got a special edition red backlit one that goes nicely with my red case fans.:)