[RESOLVED]GOOD READ...HE GOT FIXED... Dis-enchanted!! Cold boot issue

On your 520W. Since you are getting a brand new replacement maybe you could eBay it or post it here at the For Sale/Trade thread, get something back out of it and put that money towards a new 600 or 700W Fortron or GameXStream?

Great idea! I may just do exactly that.

It'll be awhile before I can try, however. Unlike when I RMA'd my OCZ RAM two months ago, OCZ won't do a cross-shipment on my new PSU. My guess is that they have been having problems with getting the old ones back or they have had too many good PSU's RMA'd (They simply return the RMA'd PSU.). When they test them they find no problems.

If mine isn't bad, then I was given bad instructions on how to test it. The way the instructions stated, my PSU wouldn't "jump start" no matter what I tried.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You followed the instructions over at ExtremeTech right?

On the subject of the For Sale/Trade thread here, that's exactly how I sold my 520W Powerstream after I had bought my new 700W GameXStream. I got a fair price, and the peace of mind knowing that a fellow Streeter was getting a very good PSU for what he was needing in his rig.

Keep us posted.

Cheers.

Well, i read through this whole thing - and i have to agree with rgone and wevsspot... I run the Fortron FX600 and the only problems I have ever had were due to my own stupidity. I connected it all up without really thinking about what i was doing - it turns out I was loading one of the rails with most of the components in my system - and funnily enough it didn't really like that! ;o) I can't recommend them enough...

Well, guys/gals, I am getting a bit concerned about what is going on with my PSU. I shipped it on 9/21, OCZ received it on 9/25 and I have not received any word about a new one being shipped.

Here I sit with $1,800 tied up in my new fantastic gaming rig and I am typing this post on my 6 year old HP that everyone runs-down because they are not up-to-par. Is that a bit ironic?

I am normally a patient old_geekster, however, I am not made of money. So far, I haven't truly been able to enjoy my purchase. This post can attest to that statement.

I said it before, I don't mind the thought of rebooting my rig 500 times (H_G says that is what he may do when getting his rig setup.) to get the OC just right, but having to fight this type of problem isn't what I expected.

My patience is wearing thin!!

Hi OG. I can't help you get your replacement PSU from OCZ any quicker, but just thought I'd drop in for some morale support :)

Hang in there buddy. Remember, they've only had it for a day, and it will take them a bit to test and trouble shoot it. Lucky for you that IT IS OCZ. Their customer service is the best.

Hi OG. I can't help you get your replacement PSU from OCZ any quicker, but just thought I'd drop in for some morale support :)

Hang in there buddy. Remember, they've only had it for a day, and it will take them a bit to test and trouble shoot it. Lucky for you that IT IS OCZ. Their customer service is the best.

No, y'all are the best, wevs! Thanks for the morale support.:)

Doggone it (This phrase really ages me.), I simply want to get back to having fun with the best computer that I have ever had since 1984. When it was working, there was no game that could stop it. Gaming is one of my passions and I want to enjoy it. I haven't purchased any new games because I want my rig working correctly, first.

Hey, I'm with you. I've really become addicted to online gaming. So much so that my fishing and my hunting is suffering (don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad). In the old days the Mrs. complained that I was always on the lake or in the woods, now she complains that I'm always on the computer :(

At least when I was hunting and fishing I only had to listen to her complain when I actually got home, now she's right here biting in my ears all the time :)

Man, if you want a great gaming keyboard at a reasonable price, I just picked up the Saitek Eclipse (the original model). And I absolutely love it! Excellent keystroke feedback, comfortable to game and type on, and it's got nice backlighting to boot. It was about $50 at the EGG after shipping was added.

At least when I was hunting and fishing I only had to listen to her complain when I actually got home, now she's right here biting in my ears all the time

And I thought I was the only one. lol

Man, if you want a great gaming keyboard at a reasonable price, I just picked up the Saitek Eclipse (the original model). And I absolutely love it! Excellent keystroke feedback, comfortable to game and type on, and it's got nice backlighting to boot. It was about $50 at the EGG after shipping was added.

I totally agree. I haven't thought abut another keyboard since I bought mine.

Hey, I'm with you. I've really become addicted to online gaming. So much so that my fishing and my hunting is suffering (don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad). In the old days the Mrs. complained that I was always on the lake or in the woods, now she complains that I'm always on the computer :(

At least when I was hunting and fishing I only had to listen to her complain when I actually got home, now she's right here biting in my ears all the time :)

To be honest, I haven't gotten into on-line gaming to this point, bcause I have not had a computer that was up to the task. Now that I have one that is, I can't get the darn thing to work! Oh! well.

I'll take a look see at the Saitek keyboard.

Thanks, guys.

Well, guys and gals, my new OCZ600GXSSLI will be shipped today. This happened extremely fast, but I am excited.:)

Hopefully, with the new RAM and new PSU, the "cold boot" problem will be cured. At least, I will know it isn't the lack of power any more. I am not going to get cocky, however.

I will keep you up-to-date on the situation.

OG, that is some awesome news. Hate to say "I told you so", but isn't OCZ the greatest?! And yes, definitely check out the Saitek Eclipse (the original) keyboard. It has actually made me put away my Logitec wireless keyboard, and I USED to think that was the greatest keyboard ever made.

Praz, I pulled the trigger on the backup set of the Mushkin Redline Extreme 2gb kit this afternoon. Once they get here I'm gonna play with 'em for a while and then decide which sticks to use and which ones to save as back ups. Mind if I borrow your settings as a starting point?