New Case Time ????

supershanks

@clos6996 -= some1else mentioned the Lian Li G70 looking @ Lian Li G70A Silver Full Case I can't see your point, if mounting x3 radiator externally i see no advantage over any of the other cases.

One of the watercooling kits i looked at Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra - Radiator - MCB-120™Revision 2 "Radbox" radiator/fan housing assumed i could get something similsr pretty easily.

The Lian- li is a decent case but whilst i like the gfx cooling am not convinced.

am neartly there with current case using a 4in3 (with a hd in top & bottom) with a silverstone 120mm the 4in3 is level with the rear 120mm giving a good clean airflow right across memory/cpu area.

see Centurian 530

Memory Cooling Mod

plan is like u said to enhance this with a2nd 4in3 intake below cooling the chipset/gfx & lower mobo.

I've actually got used to no windows & quite like the non windowed armor or stacker. read a thread where its a pay off between noise & cooling - Non window = 1~1.5C cooler but noisier.

as my psu doesn't have a bottom fan i have no real issue having my psu mounted low (subject to cable length :confused: ) if i got the STC-101 i'd certainly give it a go.

thanks

If you want to mount the rad external, then you can basically use any mid tower. If you want internal rad, then you have to have something with some clearance between the top of PSU and top of case or you mount a smaller (double or single) in the front or rear depending on the airflow you want.

The big plus of mounting a big rad in top of case is lower noise, and helps suck cool air in from the vents and other fans. Plus it looks nicer than having a radiator hanging off the back of your case or on the table next to it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi clos6996,

Thanks for clarrifying i think i'd probably go for an external rad probably x2 main At this stage I want to get a case that will handle wc if ai choose that route don't want to get 1 that in 6m time i find i have 2 mod seriously to enable it.

think tasr got this right

If you are really serious moving to water cooling;

1. TT Armor

2. CM Stacker STC-101

as i believe the armor already has the tubing holes.

I've been looking at the Lian Li G70A the gfx cooler looks good how effexctive is it ??. does the cpu air duct work on amd platforms.

cheers :)

hi clos6996,

Thanks for clarrifying i think i'd probably go for an external rad probably x2 main At this stage I want to get a case that will handle wc if ai choose that route don't want to get 1 that in 6m time i find i have 2 mod seriously to enable it.

think tasr got this right as i believe the armor already has the tubing holes.

I've been looking at the Lian Li G70A the gfx cooler looks good how effexctive is it ??. does the cpu air duct work on amd platforms.

cheers :)

Both cases are really nice. If you dont want to drill any holes go for armor. I dont know what kind of person you are but I always want bigger and better. That is the reason I would recommend the stacker b/c you can mount a dual rad inside. It already has holes for the 2 120mm fans in the back panel. all you have to do is screw the rad in. You can screw it to the inside and have the fans screwed to the outside (w/nut and bolt) or you can screw the fans to the case and screw the rad to the fans. Also check out the aurora from gigabyte. it is cheaper, lighter, aluminum w/ a nice window or mesh panel on the side for cool air. You can go to performance-pcs.com and look at their watercooled cases and they have one w/a rad and pump already mounted. It can give you ideas of how you want it.

As for the G70, it is great. the case is quiet, light, and the 120mm fan hole works pretty well. You can move it around inside the bracket to direct air where you want it to. Also, if you need more air you can replace the stock fans w/higher cfm fans. I just ordered one and I am going to take the dremel to it and make a triple rad hole in the top for it. Then I am going to have all the fans blow into the case and exhaust out the top of the rad. I probably wont do the rad until next month b/c I am too busy right now but I will post a pic once it is all done.

Thanks for that clos6996 i have found pps who all sing lian-li praises but don't give the info u have appreciate it.

Which would you say is the best from here max about £160OCUk Lian-Li Cases the only reference i found to the Lian Li G70A was in my earlier link kustomPC who were out of stock.

going from the sublime to the ridicukous talked to an old mate karll pell on Overclocking.com who has an Aerocool Masstige i did some digging & found it in the uk with a different name Aerocool Bay Dream :)

appreciate your input :nod:

Edit:btw why is it lian-li don't put rest buttons on cases is it all or just some ???

Thanks for that clos6996 i have found pps who all sing lian-li praises but don't give the info u have appreciate it.

Which would you say is the best from here max about £160OCUk Lian-Li Cases the only reference i found to the Lian Li G70A was in my earlier link kustomPC who were out of stock.

going from the sublime to the ridicukous talked to an old mate karll pell on Overclocking.com who has an Aerocool Masstige i did some digging & found it in the uk with a different name Aerocool Bay Dream :)

appreciate your input :nod:

I wouldnt recommend any of the lian lis other than the G70 or the pcv2000 to watercool anything with. I got my idea for the G70 b/c you can mount the PS on the bottom and have the rad on top. Check this link out: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...roducts_id=4428

That is their watercooled LLG70 which is what I am going to make mine look like. The PCV 2000 is good too, and you can make an internal rad mount inside the case. However, that is much harder to do. You will have to take apart the case entirely, cut about half of the HD space out and then cut the holes in the divider between the bottom chamber and the MB chamber. You can see an example of that here:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-307.html

I prefer the G70 as a project. Easier, looks really nice. The G70 is under 160. Again, if you are not handy with a dremel do not try to cut up an expensive case like that. Just get something that will not require you to cut it up. Good Luck. :nod:

you dont really need a reset button anymore. Just hold your power button down for 10 secs. Who turns theirs off anyways?? :P

Think i'd tremble with a dremel :) :shake: - No have done a bit of fairly crude cutting modding in the past & have modded my rig a bit (non surgically :) ) but don't think i'm up 2 doing 2 much to what would be a dream case. :confused: There's certainly some great modding in thioose links & appreciate your point now re keep it simple.

Be nice if u post a modding diary if u get chance when u get started, would like to see that.

thanks again. :nod: