Sign in to follow this  
Bad_dude

Overclocking RAM, board says ddr500 but Cpuz says 240 instead of 250.

Hi guys,

I have tried everything, my system specs are in my signature. I got DDR500/PC4000. However, I ran the chip at 8X300 with RAM divider at 166 which should give me 250HTT. The system says it's so when booting up reporting by the board, but Cpuz, Clockgen says it's only 240HTT.

I would like to know why this is so, and if there is any program that can report the correct and real HTT clock for my system?

Thanks.

240mhz is the correct frequency. After a quick look through a64info the only way you can get 250MHz RAM is if you OC more than 2400MHz on your CPU.

250x10=2500mhz 200 divider = 250mhz ram

313x8=2504mhz 166 divider = 250.4mhz ram

RAM speed is a function of the HTT frequency, the memory/cpu divider, and also the CPU multiplier. Tools like A64info and others can calculate these values for you like desire says.

I think you've made a calculation error in that setup you've got.

300x8 with a 166 divider equates to a frequency of 240...

There's a little program that will do this calculation for you called A64 MemFreq. All you do is enter your FSB speed, enter the multiplyer, and what divider you're using and it calculates your CPU MHz and your memory frequency for you. You can download it here: http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/attachment...36&d=1103300738