Considering a new cooler...

xynder

Why helo thar...

I currently have an Arctic Freezer 64 Pro installed in my system. Right now, doing light windows work (web surfing), SmartGuardian reports my CPU temps at 33-36 degrees. I am worried that this is a bit high.

I am currently running everything at stock (to allow my system time to burn-in before attempting to OC)... should I invest in a new CPU HSF, or are my temps acceptable? After dual Priming overnight my temps are about 40-41c.

Thanks!

The temps are acceptable.I get 38*C at 25 ambient with a sempron overclocked to 2700mhz 1.7v.Using TR si-120@full load.Of course the temps can be improved by using Tuniq Tower/BT/TR xp-120.If you won't raise vcore you should be fine.Maybe you can do that lapping stuff.

so raising my vcore is out of the question?

I remember when it seemed impossible to reach temps like that short of watercooling if then. The cooler seems to be doing the job and then so right now you can certanly aford to have higer temps if it stays cloce to that low under stress. If you havent already test with prime and see what the temps are if OK you can consider going higher.

I consider under 50C on a longer Prime test to be OK unless running high volts then I like to have the temps lower. I like it under 45 but am not always willing to pay for the extra cooling or put up with the noise.

You should really ask that kind of question volts OK temps in the overclocking section.