Sign in to follow this  
eric

Expert Wont Post

Thanks, that's a good idea. I think I might go to our local PCClub store and see if they can help (they do have a ton of OEM processors just sittin around, I don't think it would hurt them very much just to let me test it). I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the help so far!

eric have you tried pulling out the battery on the board? im assuming you did this as part of a good cmos clear but i had a expert board that had the same symptoms and the only thing that fixed it was pulling everything + the battery.

otherwise, im sure its the cpu. if u cant get a new one, can u try that cpu in another board?

Yeah I pulled the battery, set the CMOS jumper to clear, and let it sit there for about 24 hours. Unfortunately I don't have another board to test the processor in.

Try taking The CPU out and re seating it that occasonaly works even on the third try. Also try diffrent memory if it is really bad it wont detect the CPU.

Naturaly only connect the very basics to start no mouse, no HD, no keyboard etc. If it wont boot at all then add fans directly to PSU. A out of the case install could work too though it sounds like the CPU.

Note corsair has bad luck with there memory and DFI.

I have had it out of the case pretty much the whole time, and I have reseated the processor about 5 times. Wouldn't leaving out the memory still let it get pass the 4 red leds though? I will try PNY memory in a few minutes.

Edit: Different memory didn't help.