Memory controller bad?

I've got a problem with my memory. I have 4x512K sticks of ram. Each stick works ok if it's on it's own, but as soon as I put more than 1 in at a time the PC crashes. Is this a problem with my board or CPU??

Thanks.

to run 4 dimms you have to disable command per clock...CPC...to run your memory at 2T

i have seen some ultra-d that were impossible to run 4 dimms...

i would say.....sell your 4 sticks and get some 2x1024 kit.....there are some really cheap 2 g kits....

good luck on that

If the sticks you are trying to use are the ones shown in your signature, then they are Hynix chips.

Geil Ultra Platinum 4000, and 4400 both use Hynix.

If you do a search, you'll find a lot of people have been unable to get Hynix stable on the DFI boards.

Thanks for the replys,

I need to elaborate a little;

This setup (4x512) has been running for about a year with no problems. Only recently the PC has started crashing. I narrowed it down to a stick gone bad. So now was trying to run with 2x512. But that won't work either. With exception to the bad stick, eack stick on it's own works fine. But as soon as put in the 2nd to get 1g, I start having problems. I am using the orange slots, but have tried orange / yellow.

Hello,

Overclocking can kill hardware eventually.

- Flash to BIOS 623-3 or the latest official one from DFI's website.

- Clear the CMOS for 10mins after the flash.

- Use the orange slots and 2x512MB,

- Power the PC.

- Do not overclock anything.

- Do not change any of the memory timings.

- Run memtest

What happens?