Sign in to follow this  
cuoficr

Cyro-Z

If its ok to ask is the OCZ Cryo-Z still planned to goto production? If it is i dont really wanna save/buy a VapoLS as the Cryo will be more than enough for my needs

I have been trying to get information on the Cryo-Z as well. Here's what I've found:

OCZ contracted "Chilly1" from xs to help them design and produce an economical phase unit, which was to be released last April.

Chilly1 ran into some personal problems, and got very behind in his work. The nature of his problems are beyond the scope of this thread, so lets just say that basically, he needs time.

I've inquired with the OCZ reps, they are optimistic and claim that the unit is still planned, but the current situation is that everything is postponed until Chilly1 is back on his feet.

There is a list of people ahead of OCZ on Chilly1's list, and they all expect thier units before OCZ gets any time with Chilly1. Many of these people paid in advance as well.

So basically, afaik, once he's back on track with the orders he took last year, and all caught up, then the Cryo-Z will become a reality. You can track his progress over at XS, there is a thread dedicated to this topic. Just don't bother asking too much over there, there have been some very heated discussions on the subject, as some of his customers have become enraged due to the extended waiting periods.