Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tottally agree

but he is still young...i hope i can improve his attitude

... and the responsibility to guide the players, and if necessary "parenting" them, has to be taking by the coach. We could blame the players, but I think Scolari also should analyze some videos from the games and take measures to improve the behaviour. Besides improving reputation it will also gain the team, since they might start to struggle in the penalty area, not to get a penalty kick, but to score, and I definitely think this will be more productive.

Germany vs. Portugal! What a good game that was! I enjoyed it a lot! It was clear to me that Germany would win but I had still some hope for Portugal since it is some how my favorite team! Ronaldo our pro-diver had some good tricks going (nice dives as well) but it wasn’t enough for the German eleven. Today France-Italy! I think Italy deserves to win! :)

What happened to Zidane???? :confused:

lol

maybe he used his head to "think" the game.....roflmao

its a shame that fifa told the world that cristiano ronaldo didnt win the prize for the younger player cause of his simulations.....and now they give the best player award to zidane:confused: ......with an agression in the word cup final

and the french dives were nice.....not.....:cool:

couldnt understand why the french coach was so upset with zidanes sending off.....:rolleyes:

congratulations to italy

they were a fair winner

EDIT:

zidane29b9hv.gif

Yeah, Zizou just lost his cool for the most important moment of his life. From the beginning of his career to his end of his career, he was all about "cool". The graceful style he played with and his sublime passing skills. But for the last moment of his soccer career, he lost his cool.

It was very sad to see Zidane and Buffon and embrace. And it was terribly heartbreaking to see him walk past the cup with his back turned. Like seriously that scene, is more heartbreaking than any chickflick or Lifetime original movie (I don't voluntarily watch them) I've ever seen.

Its just.... more real.... and touching when you see a guy walk away from the pitch for the last time in his professional career. Especially a guy as skilled an respected as Zidane was.

lol

maybe he used his head to "think" the game.....roflmao

its a shame that fifa told the world that cristiano ronaldo didnt win the prize for the younger player cause of his simulations.....and now they give the best player award to zidane:confused: ......with an agression in the word cup final

and the french dives were nice.....not.....:cool:

couldnt understand why the french coach was so upset with zidanes sending off.....:rolleyes:

congratulations to italy

they were a fair winner

EDIT:

zidane29b9hv.gif

I think a lot of it had to do with his in insistence to give Rooney the red. Did he actually say it? I don't know, but thats what Scolari speculates.

I think Christiano Ronaldo took a few dives this World Cup. But then again, most people took more. I think he's just so light footed that his balance is disrupted more easily, especially when he starts dancing with the ball.

Thierry Henry took the most despicable dives this WC (Clutching his head when it was shown it was his shoulder that was hit).

I also recall Italy's Grosso in Australia game. Less of a dive than smart soccer by manuevering himself to fall.

Arjen Robbens that was shown a yellow card against Ivory Coast I think? After a dive in the penalty box to hopefully draw a penalty.

This cons of this world cup can be characterized by bad refereeing and despicable dives.

Sometimes you fall down, just that... like that Italian who tripped on top of the Australian, OOPS.... but NO, the ref gave Italy a PK... OMG! hehe

I think ZZ played well during the whole cup, and he didn't took a dive... unless he was trying to protect himself. This red card was ok and he just lost his mind... he is human after all. Did Grosso provoked him? Hell YES, but even that small kick to ZZ's legs wasn't enough for such a reaction from ZZ. I think he was just too embarrased, the poor guy didn't went to receive his silver medal.

Grosso? I thought it was Materazzi...

Yeah you are right... both look the same to me, and probably to the tv comentators I was hearing during the game :P

TV Globo, or something, the Brazilian tv network in charge of transmiting the WC over there got people who can read lips to analize the whole incident and they determined Materazzi was calling names to ZZ, also saying really racist stuff about his mother and sister, and the last thing he said just before ZZ's reaction was how his sister was a working girl, to say so in the most pollite way posible. Aparently 10 minutes of all these agressions, maybe more.

Hmm, Samuel Eto'o and others have suffered from these types of agressions and so far they all responded in the best way possible, stop playing and saying goodbye trying to leave the field. ZZ's reaction was wrong, although I would probably have done something worse in his shoes... anyway ZZ's probably will carry an International game suspension of around 2 months... but he already said that was his last professional match so I don't think he cares too much.

Materazzi on the other hand, if FIFA is half as clever as TV Globo, will probably get a 6+ months suspension from any International games... and perhaps also a $$$$ sanction as well. If FIFA is claiming to be against racism this is the least they SHOULD do with Materazzi.

In his defense I really doubt he is a racist, but trying to take advantage of Zidane's etnic origins is probably as bad as being a member of the KKK. I am sad for him, this type of people doesn't deserve to defend Italy's colors... probably doesn't deserve to be a professional football player. I hope they give him what he deserves, or just send him over here so I can actually give him what he deserves smiles-Bam.gif