Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done steelballzz - think we found our best formation in the end 10 men:confused:

A poor performance up till then, rooney particularly needs to learn to keep calm. (wonder if there's a training ground incident with him & Ronaldo in the offing) Still sven can have his leaving do tonight. :)

ELIZONDO Horacio had a good game.

I haven't seen the game yet... but I read Wayne Rooney got a red card for "kicking where nobody should kick"... is this true? Some people say that was just accidental, so red card was just too extreme.

As for Brazil... it crappened indeed. France played better, defensively as always but better overall. Brazil didn't had a clue of how to attack them, and France did had a good idea of how to do the same with Brazil. Zidane was the engine in the little France offensive lineup.

France out brazilled brazil, kept possesion better everything. was the 1st time iv'e ever seen brazil have to struggle to get/keep the ball. ZZ looked awsome for a guy about to retire.

Rooney just went off on one, think it was a combination of frustration ,at his own performance,( he was well out of things, not fully match fit), frustration at the ball he was getting & probably the taunts he awas getting from his man U team mate ronaldo who had spooked him. Erricson should have done what he did in an earlier game had gerrard or lampard on the bench, seen how rooney played then stuck gerrard or lampard behind crouch. Hargreaves & lennon were amongst the best performances for england.

Think it was accidental, but his reaction was more like a 5year old than a proffesional footballer. In the end neither rooney or owen were worth taking to the wc, over hyped & over rated.

Oh definitely, Rooney was overrated in the World Cup. As for Owen, he was injured, so I don't know how he would have performed.

I'm impressed with Lampard's performance. He had several very good crosses and passes to mid, but nobody was there to finish it. It was a pity. However, England's performance in the shootout was absolutely inexcusable.

As for Owen, he was injured, so I don't know how he would have performed
Easy7 like S**t he's not been scoring goals since last year at liverpool. It's a known fact that he's always needed around 6 appearences b4 being back to anything like decent form he'd had about 1.5 x90min.

Lampard had a poor wc gerrard a bit better at least scored x2.

England's performance in the shootout was absolutely inexcusable
Or portugals goalie was good. Lampard went the same way he always does (to the right), Gerrard 's was saved & carragher's 2nd penalty was understandably not as good as his 1st.

Just a bit off-topic but I wanted to wish our neighbors to the South in Mexico a smooth election day.

Back on topic.

Wow! It crappened twice in three WC to Brazil. Who's your Daddy! Damn!

Viva La France!

@Supershanks.

That isn't the point... when you're at a World Cup, you can't shoot 5 and have 4 either blocked or miss! Thats inexcusable. Plus, goalies are not expected to make the saves. England's shooting was absolutely horrid. Portugal's goalie is no Kahn, Barthez, or Van der Sar. Portugal's goalie got lucky due to absolute crap shooting. He was good, but not good enough to have blocked 4 of 5. That, was England's own doing.

Let me link you to some articles detailing Englands crap shooting, like this one from the Globe and Mail, the Telegraph, and sportinglife

So between Euro 2004 and WC 2006. The Portuguese goalie has a total of 10 English PK's shot at him. He's saved 6. Thats ungodly for a goalie, 60% save rate on PK's? He must be really one lucky SOB or England's PK skills are just really bad.