Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Synchronize
Brazil is playing as little as posible to win every game... its like Juan Manuel Fangio used to say: "The best way to win a Formula 1 race is to do so in the slowest way posible"

I agree totally, alot of people have been slating them about their performance as in they haven't been all that interesting to watch. But it's all a tactic i know it..

Anyone think that England might have a chance of making it to the final or even winning the world cup??? probably not lol.. I believe in them COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

I don't think coaches should be allowed to call for instant replays. I think ref's only should make that decision. But in the case of Adriano, the ref was clearly hesistating. A simple instant replay would have solved that.

I'm not prepared to watch staccato soccer. But I also want much better ref'ing. I'm prepared to sacrifice a slight break in the game so offsides like Adriano's can all be caught. And goals like the Aus vs. Jap game will all be stopped.

So your just prepared too accept poor refereeing ????

Yes, since every referee is also part of the game... what I would like is a comision to judge the referee's performance, like there is one to measure players performance, and this way rate them, correct them, sanction them, or award them like the players.

IMO this is some how similar to allowing the use of illegal drugs in sports. Some people are in favor because they say steroids and other muscle builders can open up the real human potential, and if everybody can take them then there is no illegal advantage. But IMO the point of running 100 meters in 8 seconds vs. 9 seconds is just pointless, same for other sports... and to see human muscle spheres walking around would be really terrible to the eyes of the normal people... lol.

So changing referees for electronic aids a little at a time would be similar... I think in less than 150 years even the players would be replaced by machines. I am not against progress, but I still like to see Van Gogh paintings in a museum than to see Photoshop 3D renders of a picture of a Van Gogh painting... and I am not saying these are bad at all, just not as good.

I don't think coaches should be allowed to call for instant replays. I think ref's only should make that decision. But in the case of Adriano, the ref was clearly hesistating. A simple instant replay would have solved that.

I'm not prepared to watch staccato soccer. But I also want much better ref'ing. I'm prepared to sacrifice a slight break in the game so offsides like Adriano's can all be caught. And goals like the Aus vs. Jap game will all be stopped.

The main referee was in no position to see if Adriano was offside or not, even Adriano could not see if he was offside or not... the one that could, the one that made the mistake, was the side referee: from his point of view it is actually easy to see an offside like that, the only plays that are complicated for him are the ones where the pass comes from a great distance so he literally has to point one eye in one direction and the other in another one.

What happens when a player, lets say Figo, comits an agression against an adversary by hitting him with his head? Probably would get banned for 3 to 5 games depending on how bad the blow was... but what if a player, lets say Ronaldinho, after playing his best clearly demonstrate he is the #1 in the world? He is awarded with a great price and recognition. I say something similar needs to be done with the referees, they are playing the sport too and as such we need to include them in the sport... not just make them a small part of it. A good referee can make a good game great, while a bad referee can make a good game terrible... why not give them the responsability we give to the players too?

Enjoyed spain v france even though my boys got beat :rolleyes:

Decent match & refereed pretty well for a change.

Be interesting to see how brazil v france goes.

My heart was with Spain, specially since France went back to play 4 4 1 1 :mad:

All France goals were product of small defense errors in Spain, even the first one. Zidane, as always, is the exception to them as he played very well and I think was involved in every goal, even scoring an incredible one himself. Its sad, he defeated his friends... icon9.gif

But Trezeguet in the bench? Henry alone up there? Not even Harry Potter, in this case Zidane, would be able to make the team play offensively... and Henry not having a single chance of goal is clear proof of this argument. I don't like France lineup one bit, and I really hate their dirty play: when the Spaniards were just pushing and pulling the French jerseys, the French were actually trying to kill them in every foul......... and the referee didn't saw half, and when the ones he saw he just didn't show the yellow, or even red, card that was just.

Brazil has unfinished bussiness with them... and has a really tough fight too. I am not sure what will happen, if creativity and attack will win or if defense and fear would.

I don't think Brazil is playing as little as possible,there isn't more they can give

Hmm, thats what everybody is saying... well except Univision and ESPN/ABC (from Chilavert to Winalda icon10.gif).

But do you remember the Japan vs. Brazil game? Japan played very conservative, and all of the sudden in a swift attack scored the only goal Brazil has ever received so far... a beautiful goal if ask me: Alessandro Santos carried the ball outside the box, and while aiming to his right clearly saying he was going to pass the ball there he passed it instead to the front where an attacker quickly was entering the box... Dida's hand started to move when the ball was hitting the net.

Then what happened later? Brazil got a little angry because of this goal, and "El Gordito" (mr fatty) scored two goals... while Adriano and someone else scored other two. 4-1 final score, and with the Brazilians just pushing the throttle a little bit. Japan is a very organized team, their defense is very strong... stronger than half the nations in the WC if you ask me (they played against Mexico, and it was harder to score a goal at them than at Portugal).

Thats just my opinion of course... maybe Zidane will score two more goals like back in 98 and I will be the first to say you were right Torch :P

what I would like is a comision to judge the referee's performance, like there is one to measure players performance, and this way rate them, correct them, sanction them, or award them like the players.
Lol they already exist are are clearly doing FA.

1) Support and Development Group Judging a referees performance & rewarding/penalising him accordingly works fine in a league that's what happens in premiership etc. It doesn't help any in a knockourt competition like the wold cup. Knowing the the referee may be demoted doesn't really give much when his decision has just dumped your country out.

2) Technical Study group sounds impressive but other than trips 4 the boys have they ever looked at anything constructive like refereeing issues or (from 1966 has the ball gone over the line:eek: )

i'm not in favour of these things but am in despair on how things are to improve after the shambles we've seen so far & what may be to come. (germany v argentina springs to mind:) )

I don't think coaches should be allowed to call for instant replays
who said they would - only refs or refs official would have the facility.

there is one other thing thatr can be done they have a crazy game here aussie rules it's played 18 a side with no offside on a pitch that is 3 times the size of a football pitch it's played at a lightening pace these boys can kick the ball 60-70 yards easy so it's hard on one ref well they solved that ther've got three yes 3 refes plus 2 linesmen per game theres allways one off them in the right place and for the big decisions they confer so easy won't stop the play but a few more eyes might make the difference

Not a bad idea. On a football field it would be to crowded though, but they could for example have goal-referees (if they don't want technical solutions) placed behind each goal to keep an extra eye on what's going on inside the penalty area and just like the lines-men give a suggestible sign to the main referee.