Sign in to follow this  
Redbeaver

eVGA 7900GT r.i.p. and excellent support....

@ronin

i heard swapping a better PSU wit at least 18A on the +12 helps... i have 20A on my +12 and i never had a problem wit the card.... just an idea.....

also i heard evga is working on a whole new batch of 7900GTs.....

Lots of reports of people trying better PSU's and having no luck. I've actually tested both rails on my PSU with a DMM at various loads and the voltages stay well within spec. Idles at 12.07v and at MAX load (dual prime95 + ATItool FPS torture test) it goes down as low as 11.95 on one rail, 11.93 on the other. If it was my PSU, those readings would be going out of ATX spec, or at least below 11.7v.

Latest info I've seen is that EVGA is now telling people not to RMA for a while so NVIDIA can get a fix done.

I'm fine now that I got my 7800gtx instead, but between 7900GT RMA 1 and RMA 2 I upgraded my PSU to a Hiper Modular 580w from a POS and it made no difference. On this same PSU I borrowed my friend's 7800gtx to play around with SLI and it worked fine.

@free_free

what driver ur using? try using the new 91.28 official. or try on somebody else's computer....

I was using the 91.28 beta. I'll ask the shop about their drivers, their rigs, etc.

I hope that my PSU isn't "bad" (= unable to deliver efficient power or something like that)...

:(

Or maybe I should flash my mobo BIOS...

I'll see, I'll probably get my card back this week :)

Damned.

I went back to the shop where i bought my 7900 GT.

They ran 3DMark06 for six hours, they didn't get anything wrong.

What now ?

what set up did the use? maybe its DFI Mobo thats the problem, have you tried it on another Mobo?

kinda glad I paid through the nose for my 7800gtx when I read things like this :/

I feel for you guys.

finally.......... card arrived........... after 2 long weeks.......

they just dont want to send me a bad card so they kept waiting on new shipment and i finally got mine.... plus i got Quake4 for free, courtesy of evga, said somethin about compensate for the wait or somethin :)

3dmark06 ok... bf2 ok.. so far so good......