The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse my lack of a Sig (I know it's in the rulez and I'll have one soon). I'm using Vista64 RC1 and would like to know what security software (anti-virus/spam/etc software you are using?).

(-: FireFox :-)

C2D E6600@3ghz, 2gb geil ddr2, nv7900gt, WD 80gb x 3 (ic7 raid 5), WD 200gb...Vista64 RC1

Please excuse my lack of a Sig (I know it's in the rulez and I'll have one soon). I'm using Vista64 RC1 and would like to know what security software (anti-virus/spam/etc software you are using?).

As with all my pc's, I do not use any. I'm behind a router that's setup properly and I don't go to dodgy sites or download random files (though it could be said I'm a heavy torrent user) and have never had an issue.

Even on XP I run an old version of SP2 which hasn't been updated in over a yr, turn off security center and firewall services, and I haven't had any spyware/virus on my pc's in the yrs I've had them.

My parents on the other hand seem to get a virus every couple of months..

If the hard drive or motherboard is changed you will have to reactivate.

" Should you change the hard drive and another piece of hardware - for example for a major upgrade such as a motherboard change that requires a re-installation - Microsoft will allow you to re-activate up to 10 times. You will not, however, be able to have more than one machine activated concurrently. "