Sign in to follow this  
kelleybp

The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

I notice 5744 shows as "RC2" now instead of "RC1"

Very fast install time on my NF2 LP-B (less than 25min at 2000MHz)

It's really come quite a way since Beta 1.

5744 64-bit is up and downloadng at over 500 KB/sec if you are interested. 3.52 GB in size

I downloaded both versions and will try to install the 64-Bit one when I am home from work. I had no luck so far to install a 64-Bit OS from MS without getting bluescreens or others errors... Wish me luck.

Gipse

Roger that Soundx, the beta put me off using it but the RC1 restored my faith and the RC2 installed very quick, im gonna try a few games on it tonight. would you recommend the 64bit over the 32bit version?

32 bit should have a lot fewer driver issues and I would bet that you'll see upgraded vid drivers soomer in 32-bit.

May as well get em both though. Last of the freebies I would bet.

MS is requesting that as many Beta testers as possible DL and report bugs in 5744

Ok, one word of warning for Vista x64, don't run with programs that disable Aero if you're running nvidia cards. I don't know about ATI but with my 7900GT, Azureus was disabling Aero and I was getting sporadic graphic crashes (green/white lines across screen).

Stopped using Azureus and used utorrent and problem solved.

Apart from that, I am having no issues with Vista x64 RC1 what-so-ever. Except for the lack of temp monitoring!

i'm having the same network issues in 5744 that were in 5728. basically my network drops if i'm dling in utorrent too fast or browse another computers files on the network. i hit repair and it just sits there. it's not my router or connection cause net still works from xp machines. it's just vista. i try disabling and enabling the connection and it just sits there enabling for ever. restart and shutdown also won't work. only way to fix the problem is hard reset on case.

Don't know if this will help at all but try using the Marvell LAN

Vista refused to connect to the Internet with my Marvell Yukon.

It claimed to be connected, showed DNS servers, but would load part of a page and quit.

This is a known issue and you have to disable IPv4 checksum offload and it will work fine.

Does Everest work in the 32 and/or 64 bit versions of Vista?