The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>Windows Error Reporting (Stop-Set Disabled-Apply)

I take no responsibility for you messing with the Registry.

Would really help if folks specify wither Vista x86 or Vista x64 when posting as drivers are different. :) Gives though with the same OS a chance to provide help.

Hope nobody is turning off "Error Reporting" in Vista as that's what it is there for.

Feedback to MS is very important.

Lack of a working control panel in Vista x64 tells me nVidia is definately behind in driver development for Vista.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think the burning speed is the problem here...I burnt mine at 16x's as i do with all my dvd stuff...You all should know by now Vista is very picky with memory timmings...

Use the vista memory checker and make sure it passes before loading the OS...And as always load the OS from stock settings....that means dont try loading the OS if your overclocked... I tried one install that way and got all kinds of issues...reloaded at stock and this load seems more stabil than the rest....

OK, thanks. I am still working on getting my RAM stable again, but hopefully I will be able to run Vista again tomorrow. I just got my build 5456 DVD, so that should be a little better.

Hi guys,

I'd like to install Vista beta2 for evaluation (installing it from XP), but it warns me that it has no driver for the silicon image s-ata. any suggestions?

I need it badly since I got some drives connected to it...

Thanks for any feedback, as I wa snot lucky searching this forum.

Bora

Java doesnt work on Vista...

Has any one tried it and got it working... or how to change the compatability to XP...

Hey guys....I think I found something usefull for overclocking Vista...or atleast telling if your overclock is Vista stable...

controlPanel/perf.&ratings/advancedTools/open windows diagnostic console/

on the memory tab...See if you have any memory "hard faults"....

Just having a window open (IE7) and Mp-11 running and downloading a file I had over 300 hard faults....

The most were mmc.exe and scvhost.exe and sidebar.exe... you guys try and see if you get any...I am running 210x9...It passes Memtest for hours error free at 220x9....and 210x9...at 2-2-2-5 (tccd)

I will try to relax the timmings to 2.5-3-3-7 and see what happens... I know Vista is picky but Dang...

Update July 5th, 2006

Latest Creative X-Fi/Audigy Vista drivers are on line

See Sethlan's post #10 here http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=24153&hl=#

"This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum and Fatal1ty installation CDs. It now provides full OpenAL support for gamers.

For more details, read the rest of this web release note."

Info added to 1st post in thread

Well,

I can't get Vista to install at all, even following the instructions on AOA / nforcersHQ to the letter.

I get a big dirty BSOD 0x0000007b error, which from what I have read, is an IDE issue.

This happens with both the 32 bit CPP version and 32 bit 5456. It happens at the same place every time. Right after Vista's first reboot at the grey progress bar scrolling across.

I have tried disabling all the IDE channels in da BIOS, I have tried all the nVidia Vista RAID drivers, disabling driver sigs, loading drivers 1 by 1, and so on...

I think I have gotten that feckin stop error at least 40 times.

I am trying to install Vista to a 60Gb primary partition on my Raptor RAID 0 array, so I can dual boot with XP 32bit. I just want to see what the damn thing looks like.

I spent 4 days downloading 5654 via utorrent. Only to be kicked in da teeth at the same place during install.

I don't have an IDE HDD to install on, and I can't afford to lose my XP install again. Lots of folks run RAID 0 arrays... my system aint unusual.

God I really want to see what Vista is all about, but man, what a pain in the arse.

My wife finds it highly amusing that I keep subjecting myself to the BS that is MS Vista...

If anyone has the same specs as me, and you were able to install Vista 32 bit, I would be really grateful if you could share you method with me:confused: